Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TDS Fall outings - any schedule yet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: TDS Fall outings - any schedule yet? Reply with quote

I am in process of planning my so-called social life (outside of salsa dancing) on weekends and would be eager to know what tentative dates are marked for the next TDS outings.
Besides, it's also this time of the year when film aficionados are flocking to town - Toronto International Film Festival.
Sharon, do you have any specific dates in mind yet?
Sharon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:29 am    Post subject: Next outings Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

We definitely have a few Acrobat nights confirmed:

September 12th
October 10th
October 31s - Halloween Dress Up Party

We will also do an outing September 25th or 26th - we just need to confirm the venue.

Hapy planning!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
4feet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sharon,

I was just wondering who is going to deejay the outings at ACROBAT? Please, if you can, post it here. I have a certain dislike for their house DJ and would like to avoid a miserable night if possible. Sorry, but I just don't like his music or the way he deejays. I would love pretty much anybody else ( Hellen Keller, if available ).
velina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharon,
It's great that we can have outings at Acrobat so often. Thank you!
eltigre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 pm    Post subject: acrobat dj Reply with quote

interesting someone else noticed this as I've found the dj at Acrobat somewhat 50-50. Last outing I felt it was difficult to get into the swing of things as the music was poor. If I could recommend someone I really enjoy Dj Duck's style. It would be great to see him spinning at another event soon!
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: DJ at Acrobat Reply with quote

Evan will be DJing this time around. In case you don't know Evan he is the DJ at our Sunday Socials and at Peridot. Make sure you tell him what kind of music you like as he loves to get requests.

See you at Acrobat!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
eltigre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I <3 salsa dura and really love stuff like el gran combo, frankie negron, jimmy bosch, los adolescentes and am really really loving Luis Enrique's 'Yo no se manana'

going to be a really fun night! Very Happy
blackout1999

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:06 pm    Post subject: Stay tuned Reply with quote

Hey, what's the deal, salsa people! It's been a long time since I've been on the forum. I was at the last outing at Acrobat and I must say things have changed. For those of you wondering when DJ Duck will be on the 1s and 2s next, stay tuned as the Salsa GGGs got BIG TINGS in the plans. For those of you who were at the TDS outing where the Salsa GGGs took over(myself, the Tdot and DJ Duck), we thank you for coming out. The place was packed we had a wicked time and we will not dissapoint the next time.around. Check out the official Salsa GGG website.www,salsagggworld.com for all the happenings on the salsa scene. Holla back at ya boy!

T.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Alleycatz Reply with quote

The wait is over. DJ Duck will be spinning at Alleycatz next Monday October 5, 2009. Yours truly, the TDot will be the MC for the evening and will be spinning the first ser. Last time at Alleycatz, we rocked da house. This time, we aim to do a whole lot better. Check out the invite for more details:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=184382881152

Hope to see you all at Alleycatz next Monday. Holla back at ya boy!

T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: