Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parking Etiquette??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Helpers' Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Parking Etiquette?? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Those who know me well have heard me complain about the parking situation at Empress thousand of times (yes, yes I could be a complainer!!). Many fellow helpers agree with me and so I thought I should communicate with the rest of the gang here at the Forum.

We all know there are 5 spots available at Empress for us volunteers, and how many of you have trouble getting into one of the 2 back spots?? Let me do a bit of a parking map drawing here:

1 2
3 4

Ok - I know it is not the best drawing, I can't align it properly here ... but basically spot # 1, 2 are impossible to get into if spot # 3 and 4 are already taken. I tried to pull into spot #1 at one time ... and whoever that took up spot #2 was parking particularly right on the "yellow" line ... I thought I will try to squeeze into that spot, but end up having several major scratch on my car!!!

Perhaps I am just a terrible driver! I don't know how many of you have the same experience and I hope not many of you end up damaging your car. I would suggest to my fellow helpers, if spot #1, 2 are available, please drive right through spot # 3 or 4 to get into those 2 back spots first, since it is alot easier to get in that way than going around the pillar and the entrance to the condo parking garage!!

That would be a great help for less "skillful" driver like me ... thank you in advance everyone!

Stella
Alex F

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Problematic parking Reply with quote

I had the same problem with spot 1. Ended up scratching my car too, so i never parked there since. I try and park in spot 2 if I can, but if 3 and 4 are taken there's no way to get my car in there in such a way that I can also get it out if 3 and 4 are taken. Conclusion: please use spot 2 (or 1, if you have a small car, otherwise don't bother) if 3 and 4 are not taken.

A side note to the students of TDS that have parked in there (you know who you are), please don't. Us helpers need those spots because we are at the studio for longer than 2 hours, and we cannot validate for the entire time. You can validate, so just use the regular parking.
SHC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience here as well Alex F. Sorry to hear you end up scratching your car too but glad to know I am not the only "complainer" ... I hope sharing stories like this will improve the parking situation at Empress.

As a side note, I stop parking there as well if spot #1 or 2 is the only available spot!

Thanks again for sharing!

Stella
Somchay

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHC wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experience here as well Alex F. Sorry to hear you end up scratching your car too but glad to know I am not the only "complainer" ... I hope sharing stories like this will improve the parking situation at Empress.

As a side note, I stop parking there as well if spot #1 or 2 is the only available spot!

Thanks again for sharing!

Stella

I would not want to be the next victim!
Thanks for sharing your stories.
Mark C.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking can be difficult in a few of the spots..but I make it a habit , knowing I will be there for the longest , to park in the more difficult places. When it is time to leave, everyone will have left and it is easy to back out!

Helpers...be considerate and respectful to the others and utilize all the spots properly.

Mark
SHC

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: parking Reply with quote

Well said ... if everyone can make that a habit that will be great ... I know I am!! I have seen some improvement since I first post this topic ... thanks guys for being so considerate!

S
Mark C.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new issues fellow helpers? Please bring them forward so we can easily deal with anything that comes up... Smile

Feel free to send me a message or to see me in person at the socials and outings. Sometimes things happen or are happening and we don't even realize it!!

You guys are all great and it is nice to be all part of a great organization...

Mark
Anny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:06 am    Post subject: Tricky #1 spot Reply with quote

Yeah, I see what you guys mean now - scratched my car pretty bad today. At least after reading these posts I don't feel as blonde Embarassed Whoever gets to that parking lot first has to take up spot #1 or/and that yellow sign needs to be moved.
SHC

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: tricky parking Reply with quote

Hi Anny,

Too bad this thread didn't help you in time to stop the damage from happening ... yeah that #1 spot is tricky to get in and out. I will only take up that spot if I know I will probably be the last one to leave. It will take some communication with other fellows helpers for all of us to utilize all parking space, the last thing we want is to get block in or trying to maneuver around those pillar and end up damaging our car Confused.

Find out who will drive in for the same helper shifts, communicate with them and make sure if they weren't all leave at the same time, those leave later aren't necessary blocking you!
Anny

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi SHC,

Now I will know better and will rather park in the general parking. It will be cheaper than painting my car Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Helpers' Corner All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: