Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sunday Socials

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:25 pm    Post subject: Sunday Socials Reply with quote

Hey Guys!
I just wanted to say that I went to the Sunday socials last weekend and I had a great time. It was an excellent way to get into dancing. I had a total of 8 partners and danced for an hour and left. I love the laid back attitude and the really GREAT music that Evan plays. He knows how to pick his songs!

Of course the floor of the studio is super slippery, so make sure you BRUSH YOUR SHOES!
For all those people who wanna learn how to spin, the Studio is excellent so you can gain your trust and confidence.

I think I might make it a regular habit to go every week.

See you on the dance floor!
Sara
Tracie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sunday socials are a great way to meet other TDS students from other classes - the vibe is totally chill (and DJ Evan has great tunes!) and it's a great atmosphere to practice your new (and old) moves, hang out with your dance mates outside of class and meet new friends.

I can't stress enough how important it is to go out and practice your moves (no matter how many you have) in a social setting - if you're still too shy to go out to the clubs, the sunday socials are a great place to start!
Mark C.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came up with a great idea for all who attend the Sunday Socials. Next time you are there I not only want you to ask others to dance...but I want you to try and "strike up" a conversation. Lets get comfortable with each other more by not just dancing but by showing that we are all great people and want to mix and mingle with everyone!!

Introduce yourselves and ask for the other persons name. Tell them it is nice to meet them or let them know..you enjoyed your last dance with them.or things in that nature.

A few simple lines will break the ice alot easier than just silently dancing and saying thankyou afterwards.

You will make friends easier this way and get comfortable with alot more people and this can lead to hanging out and attending the outings together.

Give it a try next time !!!

Mark
Mark C.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder that there will be no Sunday Social this coming Easter Sunday or April 26th, because of the pre-liminaries for the TDS Competition. But there will be a Social on April 19th from 6 to 9 at the Empress studio.

Mark
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: