Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Men for the competiiton!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:05 pm    Post subject: Men for the competiiton! Reply with quote

Gentlemen I have just received 5 emails from interested students who want to compete so I am looking for a "few good men" to take on the challenge. Let me know who is interested in meeting the ladies and seeing if there is a fit.
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Mark C.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gentlemen, (and ladies), you wouldn't believe the salsa advancement you will make by entering a salsa competition... and it may be a competition but it feels more like a fellow , (TDS Family) get together!!!

If you don't have a partner guys, ASK someone, now is the chance to make closer friends and work on something together and work on something that is yours that you will share with your fellow TDS students!

Mark
Mark C.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have had the chance..I have aproached a few TDS students and have asked if they have signed up for the competition...?!

A few of you have said maybe but enough of you have said that you are too afraid to do it.

It is ok to be afraid to do this, which is something upfront and in your face kinda thing..but with everyone supporting you then it is well worth the time, effort and a few skipped heartbeats.

Ask alot of questions, which the TDS Team would love to answer and to help in the whole competition transformation adventure!

Mark
WF

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think some people are afraid to sign up for the competition because they are anticipating the stress of having to come up with a choreography, looking good on stage, and impressing the crowd...etc.etc...

However, when I am an audience member in a salsa show, I find that even though the dancers may not be dancing at an expert level (and really, not that many of us do!), it is the confidence, the smiles, and the sense of enjoyment they convey that impress me the most. And those are things that anyone can deliver. As long as you're having fun, people will see that and respond to it. And more often than not, people are supportive and appreciative of the effort that you put into the preparation of the performance.

So don't by shy guys! Smile Sign up!!! This is more fun and exciting than you think! Manuel and I are looking forward to this experience with our fellow competitors this year! Smile More the merrier!
Tracie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be intimidated guys! Yes, competition can be scary, but at the end of the day every single person in the audience (and fellow salsero) will appreciate the time and effort you put into your routine and...let's face it....the courage, confidence and guts it took you to take a deep breath and take the competition plunge!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: