Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WSC 2009

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: WSC 2009 Reply with quote

Hey guys,

Winter Salsa carnival is coming up next week. If you haven't try it before come check it out, it is like a mini congress. This event run from Mar 12 to 15. I will be there for the Sat show and social dancing. Any one else??

Stella
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Full passes for me and my friend Smile
We're gonna PAAARRRRTY Very Happy
It'd better be a place nearby to catch a power nap in-between the sessions.

On a more serious logistical note: does anyone know if filming the combinations taught at the workshops is normally allowed?
Alex F

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:58 am    Post subject: I got a full pass as well. Drinks and appetizers included:) Reply with quote

I think you're allowed the record the combination at the end of the workshop. That's what we were allowed to do at the congress.
SHC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: video taping? Reply with quote

From my experience at the Toronto Salsa Congress, whether or not filming is allowed depend on the instructor. Some allowed you to tape them at the end of the workshop. Some announce absolutely no videotaping right at the beginning. I would suggest to bring a camera, even if the instructor do not allow taping, you can always get some friends to tape yourself at the end of the workshop to remind yourself what your learn.

Stella
vorada

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: WSC Reply with quote

We went to Salsa congress as well last October - Saturday night
I did enjoy the show, great performances
But the dancing part wasn't so exited for me
actually I didn't get a chance to dance
Maybe once or 2 times
Too many professionals on the floor. And even familiar faces wasn't so friendly Smile
This time i am thinking if it worth the money for me to pay
And yes, I am too shy to go and invite by myself

Anybody have any suggestions?
thanks

Rada V.
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vorada,

I know what you mean about "too many professionals on the floor" and you don't get to dance very much. I actually enjoy watching the professional social dance when I am not dancing, sometime you can even pick up a few styling or move for yourself. And if you are not afraid to ask, you have the opportunity to dance with some amazing dancer.

For WSC, I only ever went for a Sat night so I won't be able to tell you if the dancing experience may be better for other nights. I believe there are quite a few TDS ppl planning on attending this event, I am sure you will see familiar faces there ... you can try 1 night and see if it is worth your $$ Smile

As for Toronto Salsa congress, give Sun night social dancing a try ... I often have the best dancing experience on a Sun night Smile

Stella
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: