Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

United Salseros' Social at TDS Studio - Saturday, Feb 28

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: United Salseros' Social at TDS Studio - Saturday, Feb 28 Reply with quote

"The Social Butterfly" - United Salseros' social takes place this Saturday February, 28th, 2009 from 9:30 pm to 1:30 am at TDS Dance Studio at Empress Walk

Apart from many other common features of a dance school mixed social, this one gives every participant a dance card that "guarantees at least 10 dances with UnitedSalseros, assistant instructors, senior instructors, and performing members (including guest dancers outside the school) in a safe, fun-filled and non-intimidating environment."
And the main benefit, IMHO, is that senior dancers /Instructors would provide for a feedback, if asked for it before the dance.

Cover is $ 20, details are here:
http://www.unitedsalseros.com/socialbutterfly.htm
MissChievous

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I was not able to make it to this event, did anybody go? How was it?

KB
vorada

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: I did go Reply with quote

It was very nice party actually
A lot of great dancers + card with 10 names on it
Plus friendly atmosphere
++

Rada V.
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely: time well spent!

Ten names on the dance cards were actually the names of the instructors, assistant instructors, performance group members and helpers (a.k.a. very good dancers).
And everybody wore a name tag - pretty helpful when looking for a match with your dance card name.

An average participant gets the card and looks for the matching names in the crowd: well, even the hottest ladies can't refuse the dance if their name is on the card - imagine that! And some of them would dance if asked, even if not on the card: the overall atmosphere was extremely friendly, and should I say, even happy... Looked like everyone had fun.

An added benefit was a feedback (if you ask before the dance) and some pointers are really noteworthy, such as hints on turns, holds, posture, particular moves... Obviously, this ain't a private lesson, but really, how many times have you been corrected when the instructor is not watching? Mostly, your ego is being spared bruising if you specifically don't ask for it:)

The name stickers are, IMHO, quite important thing to watch for at our own TDS socials, as they fall off very soon especially when it's hot and humid, and then I heard some beginner ladies complaining that there's no male helpers around to ask, while in fact there are enough of those who wouldn't refuse a dance. So, guys, watch for those stickies with your name on it! You are being sought after Smile
Miroslav

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I can second that experience.

It was really good event and I hope that it wasn't the last.

Miroslav
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: