Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you like to spin, ladies?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miroslav

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Do you like to spin, ladies? Reply with quote

Do you like to spin, ladies?

I was told that ladies love to spin. I am wondering how much though.

How often we should spin you around and how many times in a row?

How about 26 times in a row like in next video? Wink (I hope that I counted it correctly) Very Happy

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=-y6JTRPfd4Q

Well I assume not everybody likes that. Smile

Please let us know you opinion so we can better lead you...

Have a happy spinning!

Miroslav
MissChievous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! I think we shoul have a spinning workshop one of these days.

I'd say I really like to spin, specially do multiple spin executed properly, but gentlemen, please feel the music. Dont lead us into multiple spin with a twist to a fast music when it is challenging enough to make a basic step! Very Happy

Happy dancing!
velina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Miroslav,

I also love spinning, maybe not 26 times in a row, but double/triple turns are really appreciated.
SHC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:06 pm    Post subject: multiple spin? Reply with quote

haha ... great topic to come up with to discuss, Miro!! I am sure lots of ladies love spinning... it is a test of skills to be able to execute multiple spins ... to be honest if the lead is steady enough and the lady does her spotting, etc ... she can easily execute 6, 7 spins or more no problem! Never counted how many spins I managed to execute at one (perhaps we should have a contest!!) ... probably not 26!!! but I definitely do appreciate the double/triple spin!

S
velina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a challenge Very Happy I do feel that I spin a lot when dancing with some partners but I am not sure how many I have completed in a row. I am thinking about counting next time...if this is even possible during a dance.
vorada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:56 pm    Post subject: spin Reply with quote

I would love to spin 100 times Smile
In the good hands though .. lol

Rada V
Mark C.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spinning...hmmm, there is a time and a place to add multible spins while dancing. If you and your partner are experienced dancers..then execute your spins when you feel it is the right time. If you or your partner is in-experienced, then maybe you should consider a few factors before trying something that could be dangerous. Do you think of others around you before you try it? I have seen alot of bumping happening on the dance floor because of the lack of control, and you don't want to interfere with other dancers while dancing. Does it work with the music you are listening to? Multiple spins are a very powerful move to perform...should you do them if the music is soft and has a relaxing feel to it? Should you try multible spins if you have never dance with your partner before? When you come out to the socials on Sunday at TDS or to the outings that TDS offers..you will start to get to know you partners over time..every once and awhile express your desire to give it a shot during your dance and that way both of you are prepared for it and there will be no surprises.

Doubles and Tripples can be fun when you do them at the right time..just be cautious and think if it is the right time to do them..we all want to share in the fun!

Mark
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Spinning Blues Reply with quote

True... An ounce of prevention...
This has briefly cast a dark shadow of painful reminiscences...
and I am sure the experience, unfortunately, is, uhm, shared.
I call it
Spinning Blues
Spin, spin, spin:
double, double, triple...
Spare me the sin:
tumble, trouble, cripple!
Elbow - in the eye,
twisted knee is hurtin'.
No, it's not Muay Tai -
Only nightclub Latin
Wink
velina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, Mark. FYI, doubles and triples with you are so much fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: