Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lula Lounge Outing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:35 pm    Post subject: Lula Lounge Outing Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

Thank you to everyone who came out Friday night to Plaza - it was a blast!

Our next outing is Friday February 6th at 9pm at Lula Lounge. There will be a live band there from 10:30pm onwards.

Also keep Saturday Feb 21st open for our outing to Peridot.

See you at the Sunday Social tonight!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
velina

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. We haven't been at Lula for a while. I hope I see you all there.
Sara

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:30 am    Post subject: Lula Lula Reply with quote

Hey guys!
I am totally pumped about Lula! I am teaching till 9:45, but will definitely make an effort to come. Do we know who is the live band?? Don;t they have Cafe Cubano?

Sara
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Re: Lula-lula Reply with quote

Yep, Lula is all ours in prime-time Very Happy
And don't forget to print out a $5 discount coupon valid till the end of February if you manage to squeeze in before 10 p.m. Exclamation Here is the link
http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/blog/2008/11/lula-lounge-discount.html

As for the band, it is called Conjunto La-ca-lu:
Conjunto La-ca-lú is one of Toronto’s newest salsa bands. Rooted in the Cuban sonora tradition, this group couples a dynamic three-trumpet horn section with a rhythm section featuring Afro-Cuban hand percussion, piano, bass, and tres. This particular instrumentation allows the group to achieve a classic sound while being sufficiently versatile to appeal to the myriad tastes of their contemporary audience. Conjunto La-ca-lú’s repertoire borrows heavily from its predecessors—such as Conjunto Clasico—yet also includes a number of original arrangements of salsa and pop standards as well as a growing catalogue of original compositions. Conjunto La-ca-lú! is co-directed by pianist Sean Bellaviti and percussionist Luis “Luisito” Orbegoso, and features some of this city’s most talented and hard working musicians. Whether you’re a salsa enthusiast or dance fanatic, it is likely that Conjunto La-ca-lú will be you’re #1 live music choice!
Read more about the band at the Lula website at http://www.lulalounge.ca/Events/2009/feb09/torontodancesalsa02.html
Mark C.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have only been to Lula Lounge a half dozen times in the past few years..do to the location , but I must admit..I love the atmosphere this place gives off. The look, the colours and even the "feel". When I have danced here, I have found that I lose myself more into the music and the dance..not to many places can do that for me. It is not that I can not find that in other places but Lula Lounge has a style that seems to fit more to what I want to find when I go dancing.

Let the Passion flow...

Mark
salsadoptada

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Parking there is brutal, though...
Anyone willing to carpool from Finch subway, or, dare I ask, from Richmond Hill?
MissChievous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parking is very difficult to find there, I agree. Be prepared to walk a distance if you are lucky to find a spot. Best way to get there probably TTC or car-pool.
Mark C.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we can all agree that parking can be difficult for Lula Lounge...but not impossible. The furthest I have ever had to walk to the club is 3 blocks. Plenty of street parking and side street parking, you just might have to walk abit : }

Still well worth the effort to go to Lula Lounge. Live band dancing is way more absorbing as a dancer and of course we all like to hang out together with the TDS crew!!!

Mark
velina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. It is worth the walk because this is a really nice place and the live band is such a treat! I hope to see you all there.
vorada

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Lula Reply with quote

Last time TDS had outing at LULA we couldn't get into club
We came around 10:30
and it was a huge lineup
we waited in line like 30 mins
and it didn't move a bit
we just left
Mark C.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the 1030 arrival time is a little late to get to Lula..Especially with everyone doing coat and boot checks. Try getting there earlier, maybe for the TDS lesson or, enjoy the dinner deal that Lula is offering.

Mark
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also remember that last time it was open to the public. This time they have closed the club just for us until 11:30 so as long as you come before then you should be fine. Remember the earlier you come the better it is so do the class at 9pm or, as Mark suggested, enjoy a dinner there and then you can really enjoy the band!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
SHC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's even better ... didn't know they close the club just for us TDS peeps!!! I also have classes till 9:45 ... I may be able to make it there just in time to catch the live band!!! It will be such a treat for me as I haven't been to Lula or enjoy dancing with live band music for a while!!

Hope most of you can come out too!!

S
velina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have classes until 10 PM but I will try to make it there after that. I can't miss the live band either.
vorada

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Lula's cupon !! Reply with quote

Hi there ,
I just noticed that cupon SalsaConvert mentioned about
at Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:47 am is expired in Feb, 2008.

http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/blog/2008/11/lula-lounge-discount.html

Any ideas? if we still can use it?

Rada V.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: