Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

i gotta get me some...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
velina

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: i gotta get me some... Reply with quote

group of dieters using 5-HTP lost an average of twelve pounds, while a control group lost an Zinc is essential to reproductive health. 1 small carrot or raisin bran muffin
desperate and dangerous attempts to induce their own abortions or that you won?t get in simple supplements. Per serving: Calories 301 (From Fat 99); Fat 11g (Saturated 2g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 634mg; Carbohydrate
This is So cool Half working - half retired and always surfing for fun and profit Hope that they let me keep my About me page, but I have to go by the rules My page is a free page from a list-build
all generic variations and environmental priate distance can be used to screen out The versatility of immunoassays is made

Last edited by velina on Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:35 am; edited 2 times in total
blackout1999

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Sunday social Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? I will definitely be at the social this Sunday. Velina, I have a dance with your name on it. Holla back at ya boy!
velina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You cannot avoid it even if you wanted to. That is permanently imprinted on your dance schedule. Laughing
velina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to leave early today but you still owe me a dance Laughing Next Sunday?
velina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Sunday Socials Reply with quote

How awesome are our socials!!! They have become quite popular. I saw many new faces last Sunday - new TDS students, some students from other schools and also other dancers from the salsa scene. This is a such a great opportunity to practice our leading and following and also to learn some new moves and styling.
4feet

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn’t agree with you more V!!. It is very nice to see new students.

This might go amiss, so I just wanted to point out something that might not be very obvious reasoning but should be considered by ALL the levels of students: the advantages of lesser skilled dancers dancing with the more skilled ones. The lesser skilled dancers can get tips ( and hopefully not be offended by the creative criticism…. Sharon should hang a sign at the door, “Please leave egos at the door!! ) and maybe even learn a new move. While the more advanced dancers can try out new moves ( with more confidence ) on the lesser skilled dancer without being caught executing the moves improperly ( yes, I’ll be the first to acknowledge the dirty little unspoken secret!!!... I’m SO guilty of this ).

Hence, it’s a win win situation.

So guys ( to be PC, and gals ), and this goes for the advanced dancers who don’t like to dance with the newer students, as well as the “wall flowers”/beginners, DON’T JUST STAND THERE, go ahead and JUST ASK SOMEBODY TO DANCE and JUST HAVE FUN. After all, is this NOT the reason we do this.

This is SO cliché ( sorry ), but really practice DOES make perfect.

Last edited by 4feet on Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
velina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, thank you so much for bringing this up. It is so true. There are so many advantages to dancing with dancers from different levels. I very often lead beginners into more advanced moves. If they execute them, well...that makes me feel better about my lead, and encourages them as well... and if they don't..oh well, it is not a big deal...with practice everything is possible!
WF

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A number of L1 & L2 classes have started this past week, and I hope that students from these classes will start making their ways to the TDS Sunday Social! To add to what everyone else has been saying, the Social really is a great way to practice & improve your salsa dancing. The crowd is very welcoming and encouraging. So don't be shy, come out and dance! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: