Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

!!! HELP DESPERATELY REQUIRED !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4feet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: !!! HELP DESPERATELY REQUIRED !!! Reply with quote

Can anyone finally and decidedly suggest where and which brand of MALE SHOES that could be purchased?!?!

I did try the GABILINNI and really liked the shoes at the competition but I had a problem with the supplier and have not made the purchase.

Any suggestions, especially from the MALE population would be helpful. I really donít like the KOHLS or BLOCHS. As well, I do prefer the sneaker look and don't much like any of the shoes with heals.
David Nock

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Men's shoes Reply with quote

Hey 4Feet,

Since nobody has made any suggestions yet, I thought I'd contribute something for you.

I have a pair of plain-ish 'heeled' shoes from Century Wide. Okay, they're not the leisure style you like. They were $80, and while not super high quality, they are good and have stood up to some abuse (dancing on the wet slate tiles at Peridot - took a few days to dry the suede souls and scour 'em soft again).

As I recall, Century Wide has some casual styles for men, but nothing that interested me. Still, though, it may be worth getting a pair for practice and when you do find others more to your liking, you can keep the better " stylin' " shoes for outings. Y'know what I mean?

The Gabilinni (spelling?) seemed very good, I was thinking of them myself - too bad you're having trouble with them.

Have you investigated Werner-Kern? When I was browsing the websites, their shoes caught my attention. They do have some stylish casual shoes as well as very nice formal styles. German made, I believe; high-end. (Probably $250+, plus tax). I was particularly keen on the brown (two-tone) brogues. Yes, I'm a brogue kinda-guy ... and proud of it. In fact, I admit a bit of a thing for high-quality shoes; and, dammit, they're rather expensive. I've been restraining myself this summer, but all this talk of shoes ... and well ...

Oh yeah, dance shoes. My feeling is that I just can't wear the snazzy shoes 'till I can pull off the stylin' moves. Y'know ... gotta earn the right ...

So, maybe I'll just go buy another pair of street shoes.
Salsasian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Werner Kern Reply with quote

Guys, I own two pairs of Werner Kerns and I swear by then for formal dance shoes that dance great in and don`t make you look like a chump. They have plenty of styles that look modern and stylish and could easily have come off the shelf at Brown`s or David`s. They are of excellent quality and not only are they super confortable, they'll last you awhile too. For casual dancing I cannot stand dance sneakers as most of them look "special." Despite the lack of proper arch support, if you're going to a one hour class jazz ballet shoes from Capezzio are my choice.

I have also been constantly on the search for street shoes that can be danced in adequately. I have found a lot of Puma's can be fine on the dance floor. I am not keen on getting to a club with a bag, changing shoes and having to check them in. Specifically the Puma Speed Cat is danceable in. Try them out at the store and pick one's with less rubbery soles and you're good.

Dance like no one's watching.
velina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have also heard that Puma's are great on the dance floor. Maybe this is a good alternative to dance sneakers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: