Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

salsa heels vs. regular heels

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: salsa heels vs. regular heels Reply with quote

I've been dancing so much salsa lately and my heels are really coming apart. They are not even real salsa shoes, just a pair of Michael Kors. So far I've tried two different places to buy new ones, but for some strange reason I find salsa heels really uncomfortable and I prefer my regular ones. There was only one pair that I found suitable and they were $200! The cheaper ones were even more uncomfortable. I also find that the heel in salsa shoes is centred in a different place and it throws me off balance. Can somebody shed some light on my situation? Despite my reluctance, I think it's about time that I buy a pair of real dance shoes. But for such a high price, how long do they last and will I get used to dancing in them?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about ready to buy a new pair of dance shoes too. Mine are on their last legs...er heels.

I bought a cheap pair from CW, and I find them super comfy and they've lasted me over a year now. I know that people who've bought the expensive ones (ie. Dance naturals), they seem to last forever and you can just get the suede bottoms or insoles replaced for a cheaper cost.

Perhaps that's something to think about.
SHC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have salsa heels from CW and DanceNatural ... I must say the expensive ones definitely last longer, they don't stretch out as much and gives better support. But one pair of dance Natural is the cost of 4 pairs of CW ...

Stella
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I guess they're both worth the cost Razz thanks guys.
velina

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Ladies Shoes Reply with quote

I also have a few expensive pairs of danceshoes and then a few Century Wides. I think that CW can be a good deal if you find a pair that really fits. From that store, I would recommend the satin rather than the fake leather. The satin does not strech as much and lasts a little longer. In general, I think that if you have just entered the salsa scene, it may be a good idea to start with a CW pair or two and see what type of shoe (heel, open/closed toe, straps, etc.) fits your feet and feels comfortable. Once you know what works for you it is time to invest in a really good pair that will last longer. I prefer Freed of London. I have owned a pair for 7 years!!!! Love them.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, fake leather is the worse. They don't feel comfortable and they don't breathe well. Either invest the extra money for REAL leather or choose a different material. I have satin shoes form CW, and they've lasted suprisingly long. I did have a pair of fake leather shoes which ended up being uncomfortable and not to mention smelly!!
velina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the smell...well, I heard that putting your dance shoes in a plastic bag in the freezer overnight is one option. I am not sure how that feels the next day Laughing
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good suggestion ... stay away from fake leather, I owned a pair and it stretch out way too much, and end up being quite uncomfortable. Try to go for a Satin pair from CW for a start.
velina

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sad..I could not find a pair of shoes that I loved at the congress. I was looking forward to buying a few pairs, because everyone was telling me about the good deals that you get at a congress. Alas, the shoes that I liked were in the lower $200, and the ones that were less than $100 appeared of the quality of CW. I left the congress without buying any shoes...I am still pretty sad upset about this.
I hope I get a pair of hot heels at the Toronto Congress.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a pair of dance naturals a few weeks ago and they're still super tight! I spent the entire congress dancing in them and they still hurt my feet. Does anyone have any tips as to how to stretch them and save my feet a little pain?
velina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bring them to any Shoe Repair place and they will stretch them out for you. Just be careful not to get them too loose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: