Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

where to salsa on monday and tuesday?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Topii

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: where to salsa on monday and tuesday? Reply with quote

Hi all!

I am going to be in Toronto for a few days and was wondering if anyone would have recommendations for places to salsa this Monday (25th) or Tuesday (26th). We'll be staying near Yonge and Dundas, so somewhere close would be great, but we're definitely willing to travel for something good Smile

Thanks!

Topii
SalsaTO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Salsa on Tuesday Reply with quote

Try Ba Ba Luu 136 Yorkville Avenue - just a short walk from the Bay Subway station or a short drive from Yonge and Dundas. Tonight there will be three DJs, a brand new wood dance floor and $3 coronas. New mix of salsa! No cover tonight!

OR

Try Six Degrees 2335 Yonge Street, North of Eglinton, a short walk from the Eglinton subway station. Live band, lesson at 9:00pm. and a mix DJ music - salsa - merengue - bachata. $10 or i believe $7 for a couple.

Have fun!
blackout1999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Tuesdays are hot and heavy Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? It looks like Tuesday nights will be known as hot and heavy nights. It seems that Babaluu's is making a comeback on Tuesdays and 6 degrees is still going on strong but another spot is about to make waves: Acrobat. For those of you who don't know, Acrobat is located on Yonge just 4 block north of Eglinton(2464 Yonge street) on the west side. It's called Perfect Salsa Tuesdays and it starts September 2. If anyone has feedback on Babaluus and/or Acrobat, let me know. Holla back at ya boy!
WF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I went to the first Salsa Tuesday @ Acrobat yesterday, and despite the (very) low number of attendees, the night was not bad. It was a good opportunity to practice and feed that weekday salsa crave.

There was a lesson from 9-10pm given by Lucky and Hannah. Unfortunately, I don't know which dance school they're from as I rarely frequent the salsa scene (shameful...I know... Sad ), but they were really good. They demonstrated some nice shines and turn patterns.

People who attended last night really can/wanted to dance salsa. MORE people should come out! Acrobat has a lot of potential to be a great place to dance, practice, learn, and observe good salsa! (Other than it's usual Salsa Fridays...)

FYI, there's a $5 cover. (But that's a small price to pay if you want to satisfy that salsa itch.)

I plan to make Salsa Tuesday @ Acrobat my weekly habit. Smile
SHC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I just got a note from Kathleen- the promoter of Acrobat Tue salsa night - that they are canceling Tue night Salsa at Acrobat and will focus on Friday night instead. I guess that leaves babaluus and 6 degrees for salsa on a Tue night.

S
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should have posted a note earlier... Imagine, showing up there at 10:30 and assuring others that, yes, it is open on Tuesday, this is a new venue, blah-blah, going thru a mission to park a car, and looking like a complete moron when finding it awfully quiet and empty. Brrr! Thanks G-d for Six Degrees!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: