Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salsa party at Empress tonight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
velina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Salsa party at Empress tonight Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am heading to our party tonight at Empress. It starts at 5:30 and will go on intil 8:30.
See you all there.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could go this week but I had to work. Hope to see you all next week!
MissChievous

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was very good party tonight, I really enjoyed dancing with the old partners and the new ones, it was great dancing with the beginners—there is lots of potential in our new students, keep it up folks! Smile
velina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. Our students rock!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharon, is the sunday social open to just students or to everyone?
velina

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kimberlita,

I am pretty sure that the Sunday Socials are open to everyone but we can still wait for Sharon to confirm.
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Socials open to everyone! Reply with quote

Yep our socials are open to everyone so non-students are welcome to attend and I am happy to see that they have been!

See you all at the next Social on Sunday August 10th from 5:30 - 9:30pm (no socials on the long weekends).
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
David Nock

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Practice sessions Reply with quote

It's great to read that (some, anyway, of) the more experienced dancers actually enjoy dancing with 'us' beginners. Most encouraging!

I've been apprehensive about asking better dancers (and instructors). I just figured they'd rather be dancing at their own level, especially when there are lots of skilled dancers around. When I watch you - an instructor or other accomplished dancer - with a beginner going through what seems close to torture, I just can't bring myself to ask you to go through it all over again. Although, I am remembering some combo's now.

Something I must get over ... in time. I will.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David! You shouldn't be too shy to ask better dancers to dance with you because that's how you learn. You can also learn a lot about your skills as a leader by dancing with beginners, but dancing with more experienced dancers helps a lot too! Plus you have to remember, there's always bigger fish in the sea. Even advanced dancers are scared to dance with people who are better than they are. What I like to tell myself is "Sonya, you're going to make a fool of yourself but it's okay". Making mistakes and challenging yourself is how you learn. Just have fun with it, and besides, you don't have anything to worry about, you're great Very Happy
David Nock

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sonya, for the kind words! Excellent advice. You're absolutely right that we learn from our mistakes and overcoming challenges. I'm a bit (?!) of a perfectionist, yet it's impossible to perfect anything without making some mistakes. Thanks for the reminder.

That's great 'self-talk'; I'll put it to use tonight.

I wrote out the step-by-step instructions of the foot/hand moves for the few combo's I know and I've been practicing in my studio/kitchen. And visualizing it all together really helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: