Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tango Lovers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Tango Lovers Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

Bryant from Tango Soul emailed me this info regarding their upcoming Tango Congress for all you Tango lovers...

Tango Soul Productions

'El Congreso'
Argentine Tango Congress - October 8 to 12 -Toronto, Canada

Yes!!!! Tango Soul Productions with UofT Faculty of Music and 'La Universidad Nacional del Tango' Presents:
'El Congreso' The first Argentine Tango Congress in Canada.

From October 8th to 12th 2008, join us for 5 days immersed in the Soul of Argentine Tango!

Wine Tasting and Press Conference
Live Orquestras
Tango Shows
Dance Workshops
Tango Music Workshops
Lectures and Discutions
Film Education

For more information email Tango Soul Productions at

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Sharon, hopefully I can make it Smile

Congresses are a great way to learn!
David Nock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all,

The Tango Congress website is finally online ... check it out if you haven't already. Decisions, decisions.

I'm not sure yet what workshop(s) I'll be taking. It's tempting to sign up for a bunch of 'em, but don't we all know the difficulty of retaining the moves ... especially when tired?! Wine and cheese tasting in Yorkville, hmmm, interesting.

Get this: I'm chattin' with a woman at 6 Degrees and when I mention tango she lights up ... she's an intermediate level, having taken lessons and privates and sensing my smooth soulful moves (yeah, that's right ... I'm sure of it) she invites me to be her training partner for Monday night Tango Club at UofT. Lucky me.

Yeah, baby! I'm about to double-up on the practice sessions (much needed).

For the record, I did come clean that I can't actually dance yet ... just go through the limited moves I know ... over and over. Well, I better earn my place as her training partner.

Anyway, here's the weblink for anyone interested:

So, I also received further tango info. which I've copied below. This was an email from the director of Club Milonga. Also included is the link to the Tango Congress website.

Take care ... see some of you tomorrow ... and to all, enjoy the weekend. Hopefully the full moon of last weekend, and shining bright all week, has inspired your souls.

Dear Members and Friends of Club Milonga

Gary and Sahori continue teaching at the Club until the end of August.
Bryant Lopez (Tango Soul Productions) will teach at the club in September.
$10 for the whole evening, members no extra charge.

1. Schedule for August 19th lessons by Gary and Sahori:
7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Beginner Lesson: Tango "must know" techniques
8:15 p.m. Intermediate Lesson: Vals? Crossed walks in a circle with surprising endings
9:00 to 10:30 p.m. Practica (Gary and Sahori will be available for help until 10 p.m., dancing until 10:30 p.m.)

2. Beginner coaching available with Grant and Marlene.
Grant from and Marlene, a Club Milonga volunteer, will be coaching beginners during the intermediate lesson from 8:15 to 9 p.m. in the spare room.

3. Buy and Sell table available.
ToniTango will sell tango jewellry.
We encourage all of you to bring tango related items for the table: CDs, books, shoes, clothing, etc.??

Tango around:

1. Tango Cruise : August 24 : 5.30pm-9pm Ticket : $50
Across Hamilton-Burlington waterfront with a twist of Ballroom and Latin dances besides our favourite Argentine Tango. It's an event which promises to set the mood for an evening that will captivate your heart and will leave you breathless.
For details please visit Tango Academy

2. "EL Congreso" - Argentine Tango Congress in Toronto, October 8 - 12, 2008.
Five day event where people can interact with the "Tango Masters" and enjoy great Workshops, Shows, Milongas and Wine tasting.
For details and registration visit:

3. The Passion for Tango Festival in Victoria, BC, August 22 - 24, 2008

4. Ashkenaz Festival
Zully Goldfarb (Argentina), sings Yiddish tango music, featuring Roxana and Fabian
Sunday, August 31, 6:30 p.m.

5. Argentinean Tango workshops Basic level I & II by Tatiana and Lisandro, Tango Sur.
Starts Sunday August 10, 2008 at 6:00 pm.
Call 416-778-7496 or visit:

6. Intensive Instructor Tango Program by Victor Hugo. September 19, 20 and 21, 2008.
For more information:

There is an opportunity to get Tickets on discount at the Club.Montreal: November 5 & 6, 2008; Toronto: November 8, 2008; Hamilton: November 9, 2008.

8. Trip to Buenos Aires with Oscar and Mary Ann Casas - Two weeks of tango fun!
November 28 to December 12, 2008 (14 days, 13 nights)
Happy DancingNina Velikova
Program Director
Club Milonga, always friendly, always fun
Danforth Baptist Church, 60 Bowden Ave.
(Danforth just west of Chester)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: