Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

15 minute practice session

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
analytix

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: 15 minute practice session Reply with quote

Many thanks for adding 15 minute practice session before every class. Practicing the moves taught in previous classes before starting new class will definitely give us more confidence and will help us to improve our dance greatly. This will also be very helpful for those of us who donít have any steady dance partner, and canít make it to the Monday practice session because of the timing and location. Do you also have a plan to open up a full practice session in your new studio at any other time of the day, preferably in the early evening or week-ends? That will be a great addition too! Anyway, for most of us, I guess, this 15 minute practice session before every class would suffice.

Another great feature of this great school!
velina

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am also very excited about the 15 minute practice sessions that will be offered. It will give students the opportunity to practice the moves from previous class and will also help them get to know each other better. I look forward to the opening of the new studio.
We are an awesome salsa school!!!!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice to have a 15 minute practice session for my class too at the Adelaide club, but I wouldn't be able to guarantee it since we only rent the space for an hour. Sometimes if there areno fitness classes before our lessons, we can enter the studio early, and I always have music playing...so we'll just have to play it by ear!
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what do people think of the 15 mins practice session before or after class at the new studio? From the classes I assist, I found a lot more students tend to stay after class for practice, I didn't see as much interest for the practice session before class.

Stella
4feet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a little confused here Confused .... What 15 min. of practice are you and everyone else is talking about?!... The classes start and finish within the hour, which is fine until you read the class registration/description website/page. It says that the 15min. of practice is included, but is that part of the hour or is there supposed to be an additional time allotted after the hour? Anyone wish to venture into this little Enigma for me? Add to that the fact that the classes are scheduled in such a manner, one right after ( 1 hour durations ) the other, that it is NOT possible to have a 15min. extra practice time before or after the class even if you/they wanted to.
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 4feet,

The 15 minutes practice session only apply to classes run at the Main studio located at Empress Walk. It is an additional time allotted either before or after the class hour. If there are only 2 classes run in the evening, the first class will get an extra 15 min practice time before the class start (say class run from 7-8pm, the free practice time will start from 6:45 - 7pm), the second class will get an extra 15 min practice after the class finish. Unfortunately, if there are 3 classes scheduled on one day, the class that get scheduled in the middle will not get the extra practice time due to the fact that classes do run one after the other like you said.

Hope this ease your confusion a bit ...

Stella
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: