Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So you think you can dance
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valentin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disappointed that they let go Kourtni and kept Comfort. I think Comfort's solo sucked entirely...really, she did the same move like 20 times Sad
Gev's solo was brilliant, that was my only ... comfort of the night Smile
I like Courtney & Gev too, but they were not as strong as the other 4 couples that were not in the bottom 3. We might see them again next week + one of those 4 getting among the bottom 3...
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who else thought the Bollywood routine kicked ass?
velina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it. I was very sceptical at first but it was amazing.
Valentin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too! Katee & Joshua were very clear and synchronized, and definitely entertaining. I think that routine ensured their safety tonight. Probabily only Mark and Chelsie will be safe as well, and any of the other 4 couples might get in the B3 for one reason or another. We'll see in 2 hours...
velina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True. I am such a fan of Chelsie. And I continue not to like Jessica Laughing I am getting ready for Results night!!!
Valentin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, it was no big surprise.
You know, if they had sent home Comfort, 2 weeks ago, we would have had Kourtni or Chelsea T. instead of her in B3, so Jessica would have gone home tonight Smile
Other than that I think Jessica did a decent job, well not very often at Will's level Rolling Eyes, but she has tried her best. If we add that crude comment that Mia said to Will about her last night, the judges' decision that she stays tonight was quite a reparation.
So now they'll regroup the top 10 couples, eh? Who do you want/think will be paired with whom?
velina

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a strange week. I was left with mixed feelings about the new couples after the Wednesday show. And it wasn't until yesterday when I realized that I like all top 5 boys and it will be sad to see any one of them go.
I know that I have been saying that I want Jessica to go, but I think it is misfortunate that she had to stop because of an injury. Well, to my full surprise Comfort seems to pull strange things out of her sleeve and not only did she replace Jessica but zlso managed to make it to the top 8. And Gev, Gev, Gev...I really did not want him to go. However, Ihe was not going to win the competition so it does not matter so much if he stayed another week or two.

Did you expect this outcome this week?

v,
Valentin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not at all, Velina. I was shocked to see Comfort come back and remain for the Top 8. I wouldn't have had any problem if Jessica stayed and then left before Top 8. But to see now that Comfort stays and Kherington goes, that's too much Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
That's why I think the public shouldn't be allowed to decide on these matters, and the number of judges should be greater, like 5 or even more.

Gev was outstanding, IMO he shouldn't even have been in the B2 this week. But what could he do more? The number of votes decided his fate on the show, and obviously not too many Americans voted for the "little Russian" Gev. Sad
So I don't have high expectations for the rest of the show now, I'm just hoping to see a few good routines by the end of it.
velina

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel the same way, Valentin. I know you were not a fan of Comfort and I expected you to be upset that she actually is moving on...especially when Kherington has been rock solid since the beginning of the show. And Gev...wow, the guy is awesome and he did really well this week. Well, I am a little bitter about the results, but I will be even more upset if another girl leaves next week and Comfort moves on.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you guys about Comfort...Kherington is much more versatile and has more potential, better dance training, technique, and seems more passionate! It's really too bad that she had to leave so early, simply because I think we would have seen much better routines from her. But remember, just because she has left the show doesn't mean she can't have a wonderful career in dance, which I'm sure she will.

It's also too bad that Gev had to leave, but I think him and Mark are almost on par. Gev's solos seem to be a lot better than Mark's, but Mark is really great at getting into character and giving the routines all he's got. I have to give Gev props though, because he pulled off so many ballroom routines and other routines that were totally outside of his style. Anyhow, in the long run neither Gev nor Mark match up to some of the other guys in technique and strength so both of them would have to go eventually.

Sometimes America can make mistakes but we just have to take the show for what it is and enjoy all the awesome routines that they showcase Smile
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wonder if there are any links where one could download the performances from the show, or the whole season altogether? My schedule does not allow me to watch it in real time... Could someone post, please, or send a personal message?
Muchos gracias in advance!
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I know Velina tapes every episode...haha. Other than that you can always go on youtube and download the episodes. Unfortunately I don't think the official website allows you to watch them online. It's too bad you can't catch it on TV though, because the quality on youtube isn't as good. You have to take what you can get I guess. If you're really interested to see some of the best episodes just write a post and I'm sure people will be more than happy to provide links.
velina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Tonight's show Reply with quote

Seriously....what an awesome show tonight! Tomorrow should be a no-brainer as we say good-bye to Comfort and Mark.
Apart from the foxtrot, all routines offered something special. Mia's piece was insane...I can't believe how Katee transforms on the dance floor.
Actually, I think I am going to watch the show again Laughing
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I complete agree Velina! It is a no brainer and the foxtrot was the only average performance. I was blown away by the Mia routine, loved the Tango, both hip hops, wow! What a great night. Velina, so glad you record the shows...let's watch them again tonight Smile
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
velina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely. We have to watch them again tonight. These guys and gals are working their bottoms off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: