Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone for an informal outing this weekend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
salsadoptada

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Anyone for an informal outing this weekend? Reply with quote

Well, fellow salseros and salseras: no classes this weekend... and no practices until July 20 Sad Gotta feed the addiction somehow! July 4th seems so far away...
How about an informal Salsa outing, say, this coming Friday?

Of all the clubs I've been to with TDS, music in El Rancho seems the best, but creepy types hanging out there do not make it very comfortable, unless one comes as a part of a group... Fridays it's only $5 until 10:30 - see the link - http://www.elrancho.sites.toronto.com/eventsladiesnight.html
Anyone knows if music on Fridays is the same as Saturdays there?

Or, any other suggestions for a venue?

(Been to Acrobat coupla weeks ago - they play salsa only, overcharged us for the finger foods like wings, that disappeared with almost the light speed Smile and on top of everything, my friend had her scarf stolen (what pervert would do that?!)

By the way, what about the Sunday Salsa cruise? What are the impressions from the previous years? Someone told me it was waaaay to crowded, and looks like nobody is going in my class.

Thanks for sharing your opinions.
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Re: Anyone for an informal outing this weekend? (El Rancho) Reply with quote

I've been at El Rancho with my business associate for dinner: the food was tasty and overabundant, the music was indeed good but the lesson (theirs) was not nearly at par. So, I'd rather skip the lesson and go around 10 p.m. Hope, there's still parking around.
Korim

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow I've got busy at Friday and Saturday. Sad Did you go somewhere? How was it?

What about today Sunday? Any plan for evening?
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, Friday was fun; found a free "prime" parking spot, saw a couple of familiar faces, it wasn't too packed either:)
Sunday is for family duty... especially when there is no class or/and practice.
Personally, I found Monday practices far more convenient: on Sunday you could sleep in, have a class and still do smth with family or non-dancing friends... Monday, on the other hand, is a socially dead day anyway AND you could repeat the stuff you learned on Sunday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: