Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our New Studio!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:27 pm    Post subject: Our New Studio! Reply with quote

Dear Salsa Friends!

It has been a long time in the making but we are so excited to announce that Toronto Dance Salsa is finally moving into our own studio! We will be throwing our doors wide open June 1st, 2008, just in time to begin our summer semester.

Our gorgeous new studio is located in the heart of North York on Yonge Street between Finch and Sheppard at Empress Walk Mall right on top of the North York Civic Centre Subway. Parking is free for 1.5hrs for students in the underground parking. The studio is extremely large and airy at 1600 square feet!

We will still be holding classes downtown at the Adelaide Club and the Toronto Athletic Club so that we can provide convenience and flexibility to our downtown students.

We have just posted our summer schedule and registration is open inclusive of our new location called "Empress Walk". For all the senior students who have been asking we have a level 6 class and a specialty styling class. Adelaide Classes will be posted very shortly.

For more information or to register please click on the following link:

http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/salsa-classes.php

We will be holding regular weekly practice sessions at Empress Walk once we move in and will let you know the details as they come.

Have a wonderful spring and we look forward to welcoming you to our new home!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: A long way Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? Wow, a new studio. Man, TDS has definitely come a long way in a short period of time. Well, salsa people, it's time to christen the new hotspot. Holla back at ya boy!
Somchay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: New Studio Reply with quote

Perfect Location. Can go Loblaws grocery shopping just below after lesson / practice. There is also a movie theater above. In addition there is a free outside skating rink near the library all connected together underground to the subway.
analytix

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reason to celebrate Reply with quote

Whee! Congrats! Own studio, new venue for outing! Definitely big time for TDS. Spring is already here. Summer is on the way. All the good things are happening together. Is there any formal opening for the new studio? Any big salsa party?
nina bambina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: New Studio Reply with quote

Congratulations on the new studio Sharon! I'm looking forward to checking it out Smile It's a perfect location and very spacious! What more could you ask for? Can't wait for the socials and parties!
vorada

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Saturday morning news Smile
Congratulations guys !!!
Can not wait to start level 5 in new studio Shocked

Rada V
SHC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations again Sharon. A new studio that is connected to the subway and no need to go outside during the winter time. Perfect! Can't wait for the open house party!

Stella
MissChievous

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATS! I am very happy for you Sharon and Evan and excited about this location, its just perfect! 5 min walk from my home Smile. There is also a very nice sushi restaurant http://www.ichibansushihouse.ca/restaurants.html just probably next door! What can be more exciting than Sushi and Salsa!

Congratulations!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats!! I can't wait to see how much Toronto Dance Salsa will grow because of this! Maybe now we can have drop in classes or TDS Socials!
mlopes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: nice studio but just dress for a heat wave (temporarily)! Reply with quote

I had my first class at the new studio, and it was great! Easy to get to, and lots of room. In case you have a class there in the next week or so, dress in light clothing! The A/C is not installed yet (not for another week I think), and it was very very warm dancing tonight!
SalsaConvert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What beats a free parking in such a place?!
I was fretting over a 1.5 hour time limit, as I arrived too early to make sure I'd have enough time to find the place and have a coffee. Well, I "overstayed" for about 10 minutes and my token was validated for a free parking nevertheless. What can I say except WOW!
Kneedragger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats...

Once i am walking again in few months i will def be there to check it out ...

Cheers
velina

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had my first classes at our new studio today and I have to tell you I LOVE it. It is so spacious and beautiful. Thank you, Sharon!
SHC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree. Last Sat was my first class at the new studio as well ... getting a bit spoil with the amount of space we had. The bench at the back is an awesome idea, where we can all neatly hide our stuff underneath the bench.

Stella
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also really love the new studio. It's nice to have a place you can call home Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: