Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2nd Amateur Salsa Competition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nina bambina

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: 2nd Amateur Salsa Competition Reply with quote

I was so impressed with all the competitors this year. It was only the preliminary round but everyone came so prepared! I saw great shines from all the couples and lots of hot sexy moves.

Special mention for:
Mildred and David - Props to the first ones on stage! They were adorable!
Johnathan and Andrea - Andrea's splits! and John's smooth moves.
Tyrone and Jen (mucho caliente!) - definite chemistry there!
Manuel and Camela were so smooth! They really captured the latin feel of salsa.
Barry and Kelly - fantastic death drop!
James and Therese - Great choreography and smiles!
John and Marsha - On 2! Really impressive!
Joe and Natasha - They wow'd me with the push-up flip!

Everyone gave an outstanding performance! I'm so proud of all the competitors - you're all winners in my books. It looks like this years final is going to be a close one. Can't wait to see all the performances from the finalists!
Salsasian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Congrats to Competitors Reply with quote

Wow, the bar has been set way higher this year for the prelims! Congrats to all the competitors, you all did an excellent job. I was impressed with how entertaining you all were for two minutes. At the end of each 2 minutes I wished there was time to see more of the fantastic dancing. With the pressure of competition and the heat and humidity of the day, you all kept your cool. Congrats again on a job well done!

Dance like no one's watching.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:09 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? Thanks for the props, Nina and Alfred. It was exilerating to be on stage and it's definitely a pleasure to have Jenn as my partner. Now the real fun begins and I'm definitely looking forward to Friday night. The BAANNGG!!! has come and gone, but like DMX said, here comes the BOOOOOMMMM!!! Holla back at ya boy!
velina

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations from me as well! All performances were amazing last night. I agree with Nina that everyone brought something unique and special to the stage. I was very impressed with how prepared everyone was...I cannot wait for the finals.
v.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was really impressed. The second round of competitors really took things to the next level. Congratulations to all of you!
velina

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we need to mention the amazing performances that we saw while waiting for the results. Caryl's choreography is so HOT!!! and the kids from Latin Energy - OMG, how great were they!!!
Happy Feet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, thanks for the great feedback! I had a fantastic time and I am sooo psyched about the finals! Everyone rocked and I was so happy to be apart of this with such great peeps.

Good job on breaking down the talent Nina! Everyone did add their own something to each performance which made it so much fun to watch.

I can't believe the finals are less than a month away :O Getting butterflies again just thinking about it! It's a Friday night so I'm going to be looking for all you hot salsa dancers on the dance floor Wink

Jennifer
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: the same sentiments Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people/ I share the same sentiments as my partner. Everyone danced their hearts out on stage and all eight couples should be in the finals. I am seriously looking forward to July 4. It's only 23 days till the BOOOOMM hits 6 degrees. Can't wait to see all the salsa people there. For my fellow competitors, as Public Enemy said once: Let's BRING THE NOISE! Holla back at ya boy!
David Nock

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Finals ... somebody please update! Reply with quote

Please, somebody, describe the outcome of the competition.

I had to leave early to catch the last bus at the end of the subway. Besides, my eyes were stinging they were so freakin' tired. (I know, I know ... very lame of me).

** And to the 'one' who so graciously requested I save a dance (for which I am grateful and most pleased ... as I'm still in the mode of endless repetition of basics!), I sincerely apologize for not living up to it - I was excited to soon dance with you. I feel that to be bad etiquette ... a serious insult. It's as though I've just committed some bad karma: sent some bad vibes into the ether ... put a downer on your mojo. All athletic/sports have taboos: Once, while just beginning Olympic Lifting recently, I stepped over the bar of a more experienced athlete ... he gave me crap ... and rightfully so. He explained later that in his native Russia it is a serious insult and bad luck to do so. I was glad to learn. I feel a dance request unkept to be a similarly serious insult.
Please, Dear 'one', forgive me.**

As a newby, I am impressed with all competitors ... including all who began the competition. All deserve great respect for their performance on stage. They've given so much to look forward to. A wonderful display of what can be accomplished in just a few years of lessons/practice. I'm inspired. Watch out. My feet will be flyin' in due time.

David.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too bad I missed the preliminaries, although I did catch the finals! They were very exciting to watch, and congratulations to all the finalists and the winners. From what I heard of the preliminaries though, it seems that some of the final couples felt the pressure at six degrees. I sensed some nervousness on that stage. Takes a lot of guts to get up there!
Valentin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Any videos? Reply with quote

I went to the preliminaries but I couldn't go to the finals Sad
Does anyone have any videos with the finalists' routines?
10x
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the 1st place and 2nd place winners posted their video from the finals on facebook ... you can checked it out.

Stella
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish i could have been there, I heard it was a really good turn out at the competition. Someone care to dish out some details?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: