Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dress code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michel

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: dress code Reply with quote

what is the dress code at places that are TDS only night ?
also, a feamle l guest have asked me what do the girls wear at salsa clubs and i did not know what to answer as to what is most comfortable vs. what is the best look . can the girls on this site help ?
KT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you take a look at the pictures taken at our salsa outings under "Events", it will give you a pretty good idea of what people will wear to the outings (exclude the Halloween Party of course). In general, the dress code is fairly casual.

A few pointers:

- comfortable clothing
- comfortable shoes
- wear something light, because you will get warm when you're dancing
- comfortable shoes (didn't I already say that?)
- some people might bring extra change of clothes, or a towel / hankerchief in case of over sweating
- comfortable shoes!!!
- wear something that you can dance in... ie. something that won't cause "wardrobe mal-functions"

Hope that helps!
See ya on the dance floor! Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i've given up dressing up when it comes to salsa clubs. I just want to wear whatever i can dance the longest in! It gets very hot and sweaty inside.
I used to wear my nice dancing shoes, but after swollen feet and a lifted tonail, i just wear my dance sneakers out. I try to dress a little nicer when it comes to TDS outtings though.
Katie has a good suggestion...check out the events photos!
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject: Don't forget the breathmints and deodorant Reply with quote

I know this thread was started with "what to wear" but I wanted to add a quick note about some simple etiquette regarding hygiene that will help anyone new to the salsa world both in class and at parties. The key is that since you rely on dancing with a partner, it is simply polite and respectful to remember to wear deodorant and have some gum or mints handy. I've been told on many an occasion that someone has enjoyed dancing with me with the single reason of smelling nice. The salsa community is a rather small one, and no matter how good a dancer on isthe last thing anyone wants to be known for is being Ms. or Mr. stinky.

See you on the dance floor!

Alfred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: