Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jazz shoes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
velina

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Jazz shoes Reply with quote

Hi all,

I need to buy a pair of jazz slippers for home practice. I really do not want to ruin my hardwod floor when I practice. Any suggestions for a good pair? What are the more popular brands?

Velina
SHC

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm ... I don't own a pair of jazz slipper so I couldn't recommend any, but I believe Bloch or Capezio are some of the popular brand that you can find easily in Toronto. I am pretty sure Toronto Dancewear centre (Wilson & Dufferin) carries both brand.

S
Salsasian

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Jazz/ballet slippers Reply with quote

I find the Capezio's have better laces. Malabar downtown has them: http://www.malabar.net/

Please let me know if you find someone with white ones in stock.

Dance like no one's watching.
SHC

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alfred - if you are not in a hurry of getting them, just order the white ones online from allaboutdance.com, http://www.allaboutdance.com/s.nl/it.A/id.5256/.f , they are on sale for $33.75 + $17.50 shipping (US funds). I don't know how much they usually cost at Malabar though, if it cost too much purchasing online .. then ignore this suggestion Very Happy
velina

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice. I will let you know how it goes.
Salsasian

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Jazz/Ballet slipper Soles Reply with quote

One more thing, these slippers come in either suede or EVA (vinyl/plastic.) I find the plastic bottoms are easier to care for. The Capezios are EVA. Malabar has Bloch's for about $70 I think for the one's with suede bottoms.

Dance like no one's watching.
velina

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point, Alfred. I tend to like suade bottoms better although they are more difficult to care for....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: