Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Informal Marlowe's Outing - May 14th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nina bambina

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Informal Marlowe's Outing - May 14th Reply with quote

Hey salsaholics!

Alfred and I are thinking of bringing a bunch of our students from the Richmond Hill location to an informal outing to Marlowe's next week Wednesday (May 14th). Anyone else interested in joining us?

Nina bambina
michel

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be there May 7th . can't make it the 14th.
it's a good place for people who can't get to downtown mid-week.
doesn't cost a panny. they'll even give you ice water in a glass at no charge.
nice mix of salsa, merenge bachata & some cha-cha.
small floor though.
would be nice to see a better representation from TDS.
MissChievous

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went there while I was looking for a place to book for my B-day dinner--it seemed like a nice place, I liked it. Most possibly I will be there on May 14th.

Anybody wants to get together earlier to grab something to eat there?

KB.
velina

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is that place? Sounds far... Laughing I think transportation will be a problem for me. Have tons of fun!
SHC

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nina,

It is great that you and Alfred are organizing an informal outing to Marlowe for your students at the Richmond Hill location ... I heard good things about this place and I am sure your students will enjoy it.

I think I will pass on this one ... too far for me to get there ... yes yes ... excuses! Have fun guys!
blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: I'm there. Reply with quote

Hey, guys. I'll be there at Marlowe's. Thanks for the invite. Holla back at ya boy!
michel

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

free before 10 p.m. , $7 for guys after 10.
too bad i'll be in florida (maybe not so bad).
nina bambina

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Great Turnout at Marlowe's! Reply with quote

Hey Guys!

What a great turnout last night at Marlowe's! I was so happy to see so many of you on the dancefloor! This was the first time Alfred and I have been to Marlowe's and we thought it was great!

Who can complain when the parking and cover is free (before 10pm) and the live band is playing? Marlowe's also has a really nice dancefloor...perfect for multiple spins! By the way, the live band was awesome...

Thanks for coming out!
Salsasian

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Fun At Marlowe's Reply with quote

It was great to see our Richmond Hill students and even some TDS helpers at our informal outing last night. We had a blast. Marlowe is a sweet venue with friendly staff with reasonably priced drinks. The place was pretty packed, and there was definitely a fun salsa crowd there. Nina and both liked the wooden dancefloor and the live band was excellent. Sharon has written about the Clave Kings on her blog and they certainly did not disappoint last night. They sang renditions of many popular salsa songs and all were great to dance to.

We look forward to seeing more of our students at this venue and are considering putting another informal outing together soon. We'll post info up as soon as we know.

Dance like no one's watching.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Marlowe's Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? Big up to Nina and Alfred(well, it was Alfred who invited me) for inviting me to Marlowe's last night. I've been there before for a birthday party and it was nice that there was a live band. If you have any more informal outings, let me know. I'll do my best to show up. Holla back at ya boy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: