Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Argentine Tango!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nina bambina

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Argentine Tango! Reply with quote

OH MY GOSH!!! I just read Sharon's post about the new Argentine Tango class and we're so excited about it! Alfred and I are already signing up!

The show "So You Think You Can Dance" was what truly inspired us to learn Argentine Tango. It's such a strong, passionate, and beautiful dance. Can't wait!
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is interesting news. Anyone know who the instructors will be? I'm also wondering if there is going to be an Argentine Tango and Salsa fusion. I've taken some of those classes at City Dance Corps, where they blend some tango moves into salsa timing and style. Also, Nina mentioned the show "So You Think You Can Dance" and I recall seeing some of the Argentine Tango choreography. That particular choreography does not follow the more traditional way of dancing tango, so I would also be curious to see what the approach will be. In any case, this is wonderful news. Hopefully it will make tango more accessible, as I remember a few years ago it was more difficult to find classes and milongas.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, I didn't even read Sharon's post about it, silly me. I just saw that Bryant Lopez will be the instructor. I used to take private lessons with Bryant when I was younger. Best few hours of my life. He's a great teacher and very passionate about tango, I definitely recommend him!

On a side note, if anyone is interested to see what tango/salsa fusion looks like here is a short clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKXk8oabls
David Nock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:48 am    Post subject: Tango: Sensual? Apparently so. Reply with quote

Here's a amusing little story:

Near the end of the Tango class, Bryant stopped everyone to explain what seemed to be a problem. As I stood there, I glanced to around and noticed the guy standing beside me had lip-prints on his cheek! A perfect lip impression in bright red lipstick. Tee hee hee. So, I couldn't help myself: I say, in a surprised jovial way ... "Buddy, you've got lip-print marks on your cheeks". And surprised he was! With a perplexed look on his face, he turns part way around to glance at the woman behind, and motions as if to say it was her. She, now, looks at me with an unsure expression, kinda embarrassed. Ooops. Oh well. It was funny, heh heh heh.

Tango ... yes, a very sensual and emotional dance it is.

Perhaps I'll earn myself some lip impressions?! Buah, ha ha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: