Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buying shoes online?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
miku_03

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: buying shoes online? Reply with quote

Hallo!!!
I think i had read about this in another post, but i've been through alot of them and couldn't find it again...so ill just ask again sorry.
i've been going to the websites for dance shoes everyone has suggested and found pairs i REALLY like...so far i've been using these shoes i owned before starting the classes that worked but now they're getting progressively worse and i'm having trouble finding new ones. i want professional ones now [especially now that im learning double turns haha] and like alot of the ones online at century wide international but don't know if i should go one size down or up or whatever as a precaution.
im a size 6ish usually and didnt know if i should just go for it? some ppl suggested for capezio go to the store and try them on but i dont know of a store or cwinternational. any suggestions? thank you for any replies ^_^!!!
-Mikki
velina

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Century Wide Reply with quote

Hi Mikki,

I have bought a few pairs of dance shoes from Century Wide. I am size 7 and the dance shoes that I buy from them are also size 7. I don't think there is a difference in their sizes from the regular street shoe size. My recommendation is to go to their store in Scarborough and try a few pairs on. It will help you pick the right shoe for you. They usually have some size 6 dance shoes on sale that you may like.

Good luck with your double-spins.

velina
SHC

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mikki,

I also bought a pair of dance shoes from Century Wide. I am usually a size 8, but I actually end up buying a size 7.5. If you can make your way up to their store, you should definitely try a few there. Base on my own experience (and possibly the shape of my foot), different style fit differently and I could either stay the same size or go 1/2 size up or down.

In terms of dance sneaker, I love the Bloch speed factor that Sharon recommended. I bought mine from the "All about dance" site http://www.allaboutdance.com/s.nl/it.A/id.18830/.f , they are on sale for $37.50US + shipping cost of about $18. A few others have posted their experience with that site here at the forum, generally quite positive. There are no other hidden cost by ordering from that site. I ordered my dance sneaker a 1/2 larger than my usual, and it fits perfectly well.

I know of another store here in Toronto called Dancewear centre http://www.dancewearcentre.com/ that carry dance sneaker usually in the range of $100 or so. They carry different style of dance shoe in the Capezio brand, if you are looking to try some on in a store, you may want to check this one out. I believe Malabar on Queen street also carries that brand.

Good luck in your search for a pair of "professional" dance shoes Smile

Stella
miku_03

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya again
Thanks alot guys, i'll try to make my way up there. Apparently i didn't look very well for the locations, go me...haha. thank you for your replies!!! very helpful ^^
-mikki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: