Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ladies Shoes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
velina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Ladies Shoes Reply with quote

I just recently realized that no matter how much pain high-heels cause me I am totally in love with them.

I put on a pair of jazz slippers last week and tried to pull a few moves...My feet loved them. They were light, and comfortable, BUT to my utter disappointment I did not like how I looked in them. I felt out of balance, a little clumsy, and not "salsalike". I am not sure if this is just in my head, however, I am convinced that my high-heel torture machines make me (think that I am) a better dancer Laughing
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Ladies Shoes Reply with quote

Keep your heels velina, you would not be the same (and those moves we admire;) without them. Sneakers are not your style Smile
Cheers
nina bambina

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:42 am    Post subject: Stiletto Diva Reply with quote

Hey Velina!!!

Keep those sexy heels on! I feel the same way. I still prefer the look of my strappy open-toed heels at the salsa clubs. But I find salsa heels quite comfy. The soft suede bottoms help with the comfort...and if you stick to buying heels that are no higher than 2.5", you should be fine. Heels higher than that definitely make my feet ache after a couple hours of dancing.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to wear sneakers and flats all the time. And I have to admit that once I put on a pair of high heel salsa shoes, there was no turning back. As much as they hurt and i get stepped on, I like the way they look and the way my body is grounded when I dance in them!
Salsasian

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Heels and posture Reply with quote

Velina I think there are drawbacks to jazz/ballet shoes as well. Even for a guy, although jazz ballet shoes are wonderfully light and offer complete flexibility for your foot, it isn't really the best for dancing all night. The lack of arch support leads to feet that are lot more sore for a guy when compared with a normal shoe or dance sneaker.

I think for ladies, dancing in heels forces you to be on the balls of your feet, helping with being more grounded in your turns and your general basic steps.

Especially when at a party, there is also the "sexiness" factor of heels that us men do appreciate greatly. So please...keep the heels on.

Dance like no one's watching.
SHC

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said!!! I still dance in my dance sneaker if I knew I would be dancing for a long period of time. However, as Alfred said, dancing in heels does forces us to be dancing on the ball of our feet. When I made my first switch to heels from my dance sneaker, all my salsa friends notice the difference in my posture ... all the sudden, I stand up taller (not b/c of the extra inches Smile) with my shoulder back and head high with a bit of an arch back. Now, I dance on heels till my feet aches then I will switch back to my sneaker.

S
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember when I first started doing salsa I used to dance in my socks. Haha...oddly, some guys were not crazy about being partnered with me! I still can't figure out why. Anyways, I feel the same way Velina! who cares how busted our feet look, heels feel awesome and are way sexy Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: