Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creating your own moves

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nina bambina

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Creating your own moves Reply with quote

The reason there are so many different kinds of salsa is because dance continuously evolves. People create new moves and adopt their own style to their dance. We admire salsa instructors like Super Mario because he's famous for inventing so many different combinations. And women love dancing with him because he's the "Million Moves Man." Al "Liquid Silver" Espinoza has his own style of dancing. In fact, he can't say whether he dances on 1 or on 2 because he dances on both in a given song! It's his own special timing and yet, he's able to pull it off spectacularly!

Have you started creating your own moves? If so, have you given them names? Please share!
velina

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Creating new moves Reply with quote

Typically, followers do not have the opportunity to create too many new moves, however, they can work on their own styling patterns to add uniqueness to their dance.
As a follower, I enjoy dancing with leaders who are inventive and add new moves. It is important, though, to make sure that these moves are executed with a clear lead to ensure that they do not interrupt the flow of the dance.
SKDanceLover

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great topic. I also enjoy dancing with guys who experiment a little because that makes the dancing more fun and exciting for both parties. However, everything must be done with good measure. I like to try new things with my dancing as well, whether it be styling or shines. Sometimes my made up moves work out, and sometimes they don't, but I'll always get a good laugh out of it. Every now and then I'll find something that works and stick with it. But I do think it is important that we continue to be inventive, even if we make mistakes. Like Nina said, without the creative thinkers we may not have all these different salsa styles and combinations.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. I try to create my own shines too.
Mark calls my suzie-Qs, 'Kimmie-Qs"
velina

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am intrigued to see what they look like…I hope Suzie is not upset Laughing
nina bambina

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmie Q's! Thats so ..."Q"te!
Salsasian

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:59 am    Post subject: The Butt Bounce Reply with quote

I adopted a move from a youtube video as my own where I get the girl into a hammer lock, do a throw and have the girl bounce her hand off my butt. Very fun (at least for me.)

Dance like no one's watching.
velina

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a really fun move. i don't think I got your lead on it the first time...i was wondering why your butt was sticking out, but I got the hint the second time around. Thanks for not giving up on me Laughing
SHC

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh ... the famous "slapping the butt" move ... Alfred - you have master that move .... thanks for executing that move so flawlessly at Peridot last week ... one second I was dancing with you, the next second my hand was on your bum ... I was caught off guard a bit ... but it was certainly fun! Next time I will "slap" it harder LOL.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: I missed that one Reply with quote

Say what? I missed the infamous butt slapping move? I gotta see that one again at Marlowe's. Holla back at ya boy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: