Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Montreal Congress?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salsasian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Montreal Congress? Reply with quote

Those who went to the Montreal congress... how was it?!

Dance like no one's watching.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, I'm curious to see pictures too and hear about the performances and the parties. Can someone link pictures to here?
SHC

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few of us went for a road trip to Montreal this pass weekend. It was a lot of fun, weather was gorgeous. For us, it was a very nice social gathering in a beautiful city, just hanging out at the patio with friends drinking & talking nonsense, scrolling along the busy street during the day, and then party till the early morning hours at the congress.

The performances were awesome, we particularly like the Sat Show, Eddie Torres did a solo routine that definitely caught a lot of audience attention. There were some amazing group routine as well, unfortunately I can't remember exactly where they were from. City dance crop's umbrella routine (same routine performed at Canada salsa congress 2007) received a lot of applauses as well.

As for night parties, I didn't particularly like the venue, I find the layout too awkward and the dance floor is too small. There were a lot of Torontorian at the party. I really enjoy the social dancing on Friday night, I believe the DJ is from New York and he played awesome music. I also find there is more room to dance on a Friday night. Saturday night was just way too crowded.

As for pictures, I didn't have that many for some reasons, I loaded what I had on facebook already. Lots of people who went to Montreal had already loaded their pix up on facebook as well, you can check those out.

Stella
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: