Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New cool sneakers out?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toby

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: New cool sneakers out? Reply with quote

Has anyone seen any new cool sneakers out for male dancers? I am seeing the regular stuff still - would love to here if there is anything new.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good question... i have to admit i haven't been so great at looking out at stuff for men. I'll leave it up to the gentlemen to help you out on this one!
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did see Blochs remake the speed factor in all black leather which looks cool but it is not out yet. Blochs also have an interesting Klassic sneaker which is kind of cool. Evan ordered them so we'll see how it goes! We'll give an update...
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Toby

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Capezios Reply with quote

I have a pair of capezios sneakers but they are not that cool to look at althought they do spin well and are comfortable. You are right, there is not enough cool new stuff out there. Don't understand why?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, in terms of 'dance shoes' or "dance sneakers" there seems to be a limited selection. I think women seem to have better luck as just regular dress shoes can be successful dance shoes as well. As long as they have a low heel and an ankle strap. And also gel inserts can provide some needed comfort (i just bought some gel inserts on the weekend and will test them out at the outing!)
But men can buy dress shoes as well. most look comfortable and have slippery bottoms from what i've seen. i guess what's missing is the flexible sole.
jelybeen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey toby, payless shoe source has good sneaker style shoes that are great for dancing if you're still looking. Champion brand. great price, great value. check'em out!
Salsasian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Dress shoes for guys Reply with quote

Just a quick word that although dress shoes with nice leather soles dance well, it is abusive for the shoe. Typical dress shoes weren't made for the wear and tear of dancing. So unless you're a shoeholic kind of guy looking for an excuse for shoe shopping don't take your Pradas or Guccis out dancing all the time or you'll find them cracking at the sides from being on the balls of your feet. I also find that the heel is often too heavy for dancing. I know I've mentioned them before; however, Werner Kern's are a good brand of dance shoes for men. The dressy styles look just like a nice pair of designer dress shoes. Not at all tacky: http://www.werner-kern.de/herren-tanzschuhe.html

Dance like no one's watching.
jenn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:42 pm    Post subject: guys dress shoes Reply with quote

just a quick ad lib to alfred's post about men's dress shoes......

also, keep in mind guys, those dress shoes you wear are very abusive to women's toes once we're stepped on. especially those men's shoes that have very wide square tip. i guess because it's wide square tip, you don't realize that you are taking a much more space than what your feet would normally make. so please invest in a nice good pair of dancing shoes. it would save us women a lot of grief. Smile i believe the bloch speed factor is good for men too...i saw evan wearing them on the last outing. they're more gentle on our toes....
analytix

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my buddies added suede soles under his favorite pair of sneakers and converted them to dance sneakers just by spending 30 bucks. Heís quite happy with that. I think itís a cool solution for the guys who donít like the funky look of regular dance shoes, except the Werner Kernís ones may be, and sneakers.
Salsasian

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Shoe conversion Reply with quote

That's a great idea! Does anyone know where in Toronto one can find a supplier of "chrome tanned leather (suede) soles"? Or even better, a shoe repair place that will do this for you?

Dance like no one's watching.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: