Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bloch sizes for men

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:11 am    Post subject: Bloch sizes for men Reply with quote

Hey guys, has anyone ordered the Bloch Speedfactors for men?

They all appear to be in women's sizes and I'm wondering how many sizes to go up so that it'll fit me.

Thanks!
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard it was 2 sizes larger but I am not sure. Does anyone else know? This would be good information to post on your website. I checked out the Bloch wensite but they don't say anything which is kinda weird.

Good luck with your search!
Evan
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Bloch Update Reply with quote

Update: I ended up going 2 sizes up from my street shoes and they fit perfectly!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A student of mine was asking about shoe sizes for Bloch Speed Factor dance sneakers.

Men...if you have the Bloch Speed Factor dance sneakers, what size do you wear compared to your regular shoe size? For Evan, he ordered 2 sizes up...what about others?

For me
Regular women's shoes: size 6 1/2
Bloch Speed Factor: size 7 1/2
Kiwi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Bloch sizes for men Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

What was the best website to buy the bloch speed factors from?? was there any hidden costs e.g customs charges
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:56 am    Post subject: Shoe website Reply with quote

Hi Kiwi!

Best website I have found is http://www.discountdance.com/index.php

The Bloch Speed Factors (which are my favourite unisex dance sneakers) are on sale for $37.50 there.
http://www.discountdance.com/frame_set.php3?mf=/search.php

The only hidden fees are shipping which is really expensive and potential customs which is hit or miss. Sometimes it gets taxed at the border but sometimes it doesn't. Overall a dance sneakers in Canada is about $100 but through the US website with all fees it is about $70.00.

Hope that helps!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
SHC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually purchase my Bloch speed factor from the "All about dance" site http://www.allaboutdance.com/s.nl/it.A/id.18830/.f , they are also on sale for $37.50US. I found the shipping cost is more reasonable here, about $18.

I only ordered from this site twice, and I never get taxed at the border (may be just my luck), just the cost of the product & shipping. But, I do find it takes quite a long time for the order to arrive. My first purchase took over 1 and a half month to arrive because the product was out of stock. The second took about 2 weeks.

Stella
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! I never knew about this website. Thanks for sharing, Stella!
Somchay

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Salsa Shoe Lnk Reply with quote

I bought a latin shoe which is very comfortable. The bottom of the shoe was made of entirely leather. I was looking for another salsa shoe with more rigidness underneath.

Thanks for the direct link SHC.

Last edited by Somchay on Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
SHC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem Somchay & Kimberly. Let me know whether or not you get taxed at the border if you decide to order anything from them in the future. I am curious!

Stella
Somchay

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Bloch speed factor SHOE Reply with quote

How does the Bloch speed factor shoe fit when you dance? Comfortable? Dance better with it?

Last edited by Somchay on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total
analytix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:44 am    Post subject: Dance Sneaker Reply with quote

Recently I tried to buy a pair of Bloch Speed Factor on discountdance.com. The price was US$37.5 but after placing the order they sent me a scary agreement letter stating that shipping cost would be at least $45; final charge could be even more and there could be other hidden charges too. They wonít process the order unless I agree to that. Oops! They could have mentioned it on their website and one doesnít have to waste time in buying process unless he/she agrees to bear this extra cost. Eventually I cancelled the order and placed it with allaboutdance.com. The price is the same but shipping charge is much lower, only 17.5$ and this is final. They charged the whole amount, shoe price + shipping charge, as part of the order. So itís better to go for allaboutdance.com even if it takes some time to get it delivered. Though I am not sure how much extra time, if any at all, they will take. The difference in shipping charges is substantial. Thanks SHC for the link.
SHC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somchay - I find the Bloch speed factor very comfortable to dance in, it is very light, and easy to do the spin. It doesn't have the suede bottom so there is no need to brush it. Do I dance better with it? Well, I know I can't dance in a lot of regular street shoes, for me it has to be my Latin ballroom heels or dance sneaker. I know I can dance in the sneaker for hours, and I can wear them out on the street unlike my Latin ballroom heels which needs a bit more care b/c of the suede bottom Very Happy.

Analytix - you are very welcome. I have similar experience with discountdance.com, since they didn't listed the shipping cost on their site, I decide to call them instead, when I find out the shipping charges was more than the cost of the sneaker, I decided to look somewhere else. Glad you find the link useful, please let me know how long it took for you to get your order and whether or not you get taxed at the border. It is good to know other people experience with that site.

Stella
analytix

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:30 pm    Post subject: Dance Sneaker Reply with quote

Received my Bloch Speed Factor today from allaboutdance.com. It came with a nice little matching pouch. It took only 7 days to get it in my hand after placing the order, and cost me only CAD 57.73 (US$ 37.5 Shoe Price + US$17.5 Shipping Charge) and that's it. No tax or any other hidden fees. I had ordered 2-1/2 size bigger than my US street shoe size. They fit perfectly. Just in case you are wondering what your US street shoe size is you can check the following link: http://www.cbssportsstore.com/sm-determine-your-shoe-size--bg-2715018.html#D

Hope this helps.
Kiwi

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All..
I experienced the same as analytix.. I received my order within 8 days of making purchase and I was not charged any taxes at the border.
This is a perfect shoe to dance in really helps with the spinning and looks pretty cool too..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: