Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Next competition?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are we ready for another Salsa Competition?
Yes
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Next competition? Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

I am thinking it is that time of the year for another salsa competition - what does everyone think? Please comment if you are interested in competing this year. The competition will be for Toronto Dance Salsa students and helpers only so it will be a comfortable environment. Also please comment if you are interested in assisting as it is a big project.

Let us know your thoughts!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
nina bambina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Bring on the next TDS Competition! Reply with quote

I think TDS is totally ready for the next competition! As a past competitor, I can definitely say that this event helped my salsa dancing. After months of practicing, you can't help but improve. I encourage anyone who thinks they'd like to take their dancing to the next level, to enter this competition. It may also open your world to the possibility of performing salsa in the future.
Sara

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Competition! Reply with quote

Hey Guys,
Yes, I completely agree! I think it's definitely that time of the year. I am looking forward to an exciting year. It seems that this competition will be pretty exciting as there are potentially some excellent dancers at TDS!
I am looking forward to helping out with the event...Let me know what I can do to contribute!
Sara
velina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we ready? We were born ready…I missed the finals last year so this year I am reserving a front row seat Laughing . Let me know if I can help you with anything.
v.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: I'm ready Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? You don't even have to ask me. Two words, I'm ready! After seeing last year's competition and performing for the first time, I am definitely interested in entering the next competition. If there are any ladies looking for a partner for the competition, holla back at ya boy!
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:54 am    Post subject: Competition Reply with quote

I am starting to get lots of interest in the competition and everyone is asking for rules and details so please visit this link for last year's rules...

http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/toronto-salsa-competition.php

There are a couple of women who have shown interest in competing so gentleman put your names down and we can introduce you to the women who want to compete.

We're looking at May for the preliminaries and June for the finals.
Mannysmo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The competition was fun last year and a worthwhile activity if you'd like to improve your dancing. I'd definitely be up for it again and I encourage anyone willing to participate...you won't regret it.
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: competition experience Reply with quote

The competition experience was amazing last year! It is a lot of hard work, but the fun is in the experience. The supportive and encouraging nature of all our friends at Toronto Dance Salsa made things all the better. For anyone thinking about it for this year, just do it. You've got nothing to lose.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The competition was a great experience for me too. You couldn't ask for a more supportive group of friends at TDS. Some of the other performers were commenting on how surprising it was for all of the competitors to even be rooting for eachother!
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Competition Reply with quote

Well we are definitely on for the competition. I have about 5 interested couples. If everyone can continue to email me their interest or post their interest on th forums if you are looking for a partner. I have a couple of women who are interested so gentlemen who want to compete - let me know!
Sara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: Competition location Reply with quote

Hey Sharon,
Have you decided on a venue for the competition?? Are we going back to 6 degrees lounge like last year, or are we thinking of holding it at another venue. I quite liked last year's venue!
What are your thoughts?
Sara
Sharon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Competition Venues Reply with quote

We are looking at a few new venues to see what is the best option. We did like last year's Montana preliminaries and 6 Degrees Finals so we may go with this format again. If anyone can recommend large spaces for usage, let us know!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: