Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Closed toe dance shoes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
velina

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Closed toe dance shoes Reply with quote

Hi,

When it comes to salsa shoes, I vote for the sexy open toe high heels. I have been wearing them since I started dancing because I do not feel comfortable in dance sneakers. However, my toes have suffered major damages as a result of club salsa dancing - from cracked toe nails to losing a toe nail. I had to wear flip flops to work last October because I could not squeeze my swollen toe into a shoe.

So, I am looking for the perfect closed toe sexy dance shoe that will give me the high heel that I need and will protect my toes at the same time. Do you have any suggestions?

V.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After my first lifted toenail experience, I vowed never to wear open toe shoes again. I kept wearing dance sneakers out to clubs for the LONGEST time. HOwever, I have now braved back to the open toe heels. I found some nice 2 1/2 inch heels and for some reason, I haven't been stepped on. maybe because the heels are shorter I have a bit more control while dancing in them. I personally don't like the look of closed toe dance shoes. If anyone has suggestions...I'm willing to give them a try!
KT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally don't like dancing in heels, just because dancing in sneakers is SOOOOOO much more comfortable, and therefore you can dance SOOOOOO much longer through the night. On that note, I have danced in both closed toe and open toe heels, and I find that it is slightly better to dance in open toe heels, as your feet can breathe and it won't sweat as much. Dance shoes do not smell great after a night of dancing, but between open or close toe shoes, I'd say close toe heels get smelly and sweaty quickly.

I don't know if there is a difference between "Latin" shoes and "Ballroom" shoes... but I've definately seen more Ballroom shoes that are close toe. They have quite a few selection at Century WIde Shoes and they are not that expensive.
nina bambina

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: How to avoid getting stepped on Reply with quote

Hi Velina!

Luckily, I have no cracked toe nails to speak of but I've certainly had my share of heels digging into my foot on the dance floor.

Here are some tips for how to avoid getting stepped on:
1) Select a spot to dance in where you notice the couples are dancing in a "controlled" manner. As in, don't dance close to people who take up a lot of dance floor and are spinning their partners out of control.
2) Men, try to be wary of the people around you as you dance so that your partner doesn't bump into other people and "scoop" her in if she gets too far away from you.
3) Dance small! Not only do you look better, but you take up less space on the dance floor and decrease the likelyhood of stepping on or getting stepped on.

Thats it for now!
Happy dancing!
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: Dancing small and leaders who look Reply with quote

I encourage dancing small for all, when you're at the clubs it isn't "Dancing With The Stars" time where you have the entire dancefloor to yourself. And leaders have a really big responsibility to look after the safety of the follower. You wouldn't change lanes without checking your blind spots, so treat the dancefloor as an obstacle course where everyone wins when you don't throw your partner into another couple.

Everyone please watch out so the girls continue wearing their sexy shoes! Trainers and closed toe...not so sexy. Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: