Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there any class on this long weekend?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
analytix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Is there any class on this long weekend? Reply with quote

Does anybody know if there is any class on this upcoming new long-weekend, Feb 16-18? Thanks,
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Classes on the long weekend Reply with quote

Hi Analytix!

Yes we do have classes on the Family Day weekend, mainly because it was already pre-arranged before the holiday came into effect. If anyone needs a make up class just give us notice!

Sharon
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will definitely be there teaching class on Monday Feb 18th. For those that are in my class, it's our first salsa lesson, so don't miss out.

The practice session is also on!!
analytix

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Classes on the long weekend Reply with quote

Hmm…I guess I have to stay back in the city. I hate to miss any class. We are just learning how to make a double turn...cool! Thanks for the update anyway.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also as an update for people in my Monday class at the Adelaide club. Since our class is the LAST level 1 class, we need 10 days notice if you are planning to be away so you can be sure to get a makeup class in. Please email Sharon if you know you'll be absent and she'll let you know where to go for a make up class.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Beware...Salsa can happen ANYWHERE! Reply with quote

So classes were scheduled to be on for my Monday L1 class on family day, but when we got to the Adelaide Club, it was CLOSED! And they forgot to call us to let us know.
As students started arriving expecting classes, I thought....hey...I'm here. The helpers are here. There's a large space underneath the escalators beside the elevator. The windows are sort of reflective. We can hold class in the concourse!

And so we did.

I conducted our first salsa class in the concourse of the First Canadian Place. It actually went quite well, even though we couldn't practice to music. Truth be told... you really don't need much to set up a salsa party!

At one point a security guard came by to check out what was going on, and he just smiled and left. We weren't causing any trouble, and apart from us, it was pretty quiet in there!

Thank you to all of the Monday Adelaide club L1 students for making the best out of the situation.

Unfortunately we weren't able to hold the practice session as we didn't have anything to play music on. Thank you and my apologies to those who showed up ready to dance. PLEASE come out next week.. especially to the WOMEN...we need you and we'll be there in FULL SWING next week!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: