Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBC clip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: CBC clip Reply with quote

Well CBC actually ended up airing our segment today instead of tomorrow! Here it is on their website:

http://www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/2008/02/learn_to_dance_the_salsa.html

It is a great clip - definitely a great time. Check it out!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
MissChievous

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! You guys look awesome, congrats!
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:45 am    Post subject: Cool clip! Reply with quote

Wow, you all look great!! Emely's partner was hilarious lol.
Valentin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I didn't like what that guy did. I mean, instead of letting the audience watch Sharon's teaching the basic steps, he drew all the attention on his clumsiness, which he tried to cover by "prancing" around Sad

So I'm afraid that Sharon's motto "if you can walk you can Salsa dance" didn't remain into many people's minds after that guy complained how stressed he was and showed how difficult was for him to ... walk Rolling Eyes

Anyway, the girls looked great there, indeed Very Happy
SalsaTO

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject: Goofy CBC Hosts Reply with quote

A lot of journalists think it's "cute" to be goofy when trying something out with an expert guest.

In most cases it comes off as insensitive or condescending. It certainly isn't professional. There are better ways to put a little humour into something without resorting to goofiness.

At least you got the airtime.
Sara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: CBC experience Reply with quote

Hello all!
I just thought I'd post a few comments in response...
The CBC experience was amazing both personally and for the company! I love steven and I am a huge fan of those guys! The fact that we got the opportunity to be on CBC was one thing, but the fact that I got to dance with them was really the cherry on top, not to mention the amazing response we have recieved since the show. Emely, Evan and Sharon, it was a pleasure doing the show with you guys!

With regards to the silliness and Chris's "exotic" moves, two thumbs up goes to the Toronto Dance team, particularly Emely for being such a trooper and improvising through it all.

I think in response to the above comments, I'd like to conclude that while sometimes spontaneous acts make the unexpected happen, it is always the unexpected that makes things more exciting. I think in terms of advertising for Toronto Dance and showing the fun aspect of it (which is really our expertise in the company) the steven and chris show did a fantastic job, and more so our fun team!

See you guys on the dance floor (and on TV!)

Sara
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!! THe clip is hilarious! I can't believe Emely got picked up and placed on his lap!! HAHAH...
You guys look awesome...well done. Smile That look like more fun than the shopping channel. Wish I could have taken off time from work to join you.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Sara's comments. It was indeed the Steven and Chris show so they have a particular humorous tone to their show, and TDS were their guests. I thought it was light and funny and you all did a great job improvising what they were throwing out. Obviously in a classroom setting as opposed to a tv show, students would be paying attention to the teacher. In TV land, everything goes.
The shopping channel was also a different tone. We were there to SELL our DVDs so it was a little more serious, even though at one point one of the hosts from another segment joined in!
analytix

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: CBC Clip Reply with quote

You guys looked awesome in front of the camera. Sharon was the true leader of the pack. Even in this chaos, at some points, she sold all the good things of salsa – how salsa can help one to find a life partner, how much calorie one can burn in one hour, how it can help to improve one’s mental agility – in a nutshell anything and everything that can motivate one to go for salsa – good for the school, good for the salsa community as a whole. Forget about that chaotic part – shed the fat! The whole ten minutes were very well utilized. Very professional! Very well thought off!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: