Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Practice Sessions begin!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Monday Practice Sessions begin! Reply with quote

Don't forget the Monday evening salsa practice sessions begin next Monday Feb 4th from 9-10pm for 9 weeks at the Adelaide Club. You can drop in for $4 a session or all sessions for $25 to practice your salsa moves, ask an instructor a question or dance with a helper.

Adelaide Club is at the concourse level of the First Canadian Place at Bay & Adelaide.

Hope to see you there!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Toby

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed it! How did it go? Was it busy? Next week for sure!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a lot of fun, some new faces and also some regulars from last semester. Hope to see you out next week!
BeeSmile

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I missed the 4th of Feb!=(((
Is it ok to join anytime for one or 2 classes?
Also is it ok if I'm very beginner level and have no partner?=)

Thanks and hope to see you all there=)
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Monday Practice Sessions Reply with quote

Hello BeeSmile!

You can join the monday practice sessions any time. They are drop in. $4 per session or $25 for all nine sessions. You can be of any level and no partner is needed as there are other students there practicing, as well as instructors and helpers.
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:02 am    Post subject: Practice session Reply with quote

Just a reminder that the Monday practice session is still on for another 5 weeks so come and practice your moves in a comfortable environment!
francis

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, is the practice session happening as usual on Easter Monday (March 24)? Thanks.
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Monday night practice Reply with quote

Yes it is happening tonight as usual from 9-10pm at Adelaide Club - enjoy!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always looking for feedback about the practice session. For those who attend, is there anything you're looking to improve, change, or suggest?

One student last week, instead of dancing with me wanted me to teach him some shines in front of the mirror, which I thought was a fun alternative!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: 4th Semester of Salsa Practice Reply with quote

I am so impressed at how many people showed up to the first and second salsa practice session this semester! It was a real hopping party at the Adelaide Club!! There were LOTS of women to choose from and I definitely answered a LOT of questions...everything from helping out with turns, combinations, leading and following and even shines!
It's great to see everyone's enthusiasm and even beginner dancers coming out. It's a totally fun and non-intimidating place to practice salsa!

I expect even more students next week as my L1 class right before the practice will be learning their first salsa lesson!
velina

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kimberlita,

I will solicit feedback from my students who attend the practice session and I will share it with you.

Because I teach the last class for the semester we do not offer makeups. Instead, I have been recommending the Monday practice session as an alternative to a makeup class where students can get help on the new moves and practice them.

Let me know if you get a lot of students asking you for specfic moves (level 1 or 2) that they have missed in class. They should be my guys and gals Laughing

Velina
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: