Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salsa Clothes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Salsa Clothes Reply with quote

Okay, so this isn't about shoes or music, but I figure clothes are close enough!

For the frequency that we go out to salsa clubs, I'm sure that many of you, like myself, have acquired a pretty hefty collection of salsa tops and skirts and pants (and shoes!)

My requirements for salsa clothes are:

1. Wardrobe malfunction-proof (I shy away from tube tops for obvious reasons!)
2. Good price (come on... some of us go out a lot, and try not to have repeat outfits every picture)
3. Nice and light
3. Salsa-licious!

Where is everyone's favourite place to shop for salsa clothes? I gave away my one secret store that I shopped at for the competition Palm Fashion on the corner of Yonge and Wellesley.

I also like Costa Blanca and the Guess Outlet (Upstairs at Bay and Dundas)
I occasionally have good luck at Zara too.

What about you?
Sara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Salsa clothes Reply with quote

Great topic Kim!
Us fashion-lovers love to find new places to find great salsa outfits...

My favourite salsa-top store is "spoof" at Yonge and Spadina...
Lots of cheap outfits that you can keep throwing in the washer and wearing over and over again, without having o dry clean, worry about tearing or loosing them on the dance floor!!!! hee hee

I strongly reccommend it for "cheap" salsa tops that you wouldn't mind sweating in, wearing a few times and saying goodbye to!

Style away Salsaholics!

Sara
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! I love that store, Spoof too. It's on Queen St. near Spadina (NE corner)
Cheap is the way to go...lol.. price-wise, I mean!
nina bambina

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:51 pm    Post subject: Cheap pretty salsa clothes! Reply with quote

If you walk north starting from Yonge and Dundas up to Yonge and Wellesley, there are lots of stores all along that stretch selling cheap, sexy salsa outfits. Btw, metallic is in for the winter! Happy shopping!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAH! THat's where I bought my salsa competition outfits. So what if they might be stripper or transvestite stores? LOL!
KT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really related to "sexy" salsa outfits per se. But I just want to throw this out there... I'm madly in love and slightly more than obsessed with salsa tshirts, and my fave salsa tees are from Salstar. I have ordered 5 tees over the last 3 months... they are so nice, fitting, slimming, and COMFORTABLE. They are also very light so it doesn't make you sweat like crazy when you dance.

Check their website:
http://www.salstar.com/english.html

Happy Dancing Very Happy
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Costa Blanca Reply with quote

Costa Blanca is THE place for salsa clothes and they play salsa music when you shop so it is twice as good! cheap stuff, sexy and breathable.
KT

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to purchase Salstar Tshirts and don't want to wait till the next salsa congress, well Salstar is bringing their Tshirts to Toronto! Check it out:

GO DANCE MAMBO - TORONTO,
Feb 10th
Booth from 5pm to 8pm
Dovercourt House, 805 Dovercourt rd, 1st floor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: