Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday Practice Class

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Monday Practice Class Reply with quote

The first Monday practice session started last night, and it was a lot of fun. For those who have considered checking it out, come!!! I especially encourage the women to come, since you will have your pick of partners to choose from!!

Last night there a lot of your favourite helpers were there:
Carolina, Nina, Sonya, Vince, Rob, Alex, Alfred....

If you have any questions, we're here to help. Can't remember how to do a palm drop? Want to improve your musicality and timing? Want to become a better leader and follower? Want to get a workout that's more fun than hitting the gym? This place is for you!

Hope to see you all Monday nights at 9pm at the Adelaide club.

P.S. If anyone has any ideas or comments about the practice sessions, your feedback is more than welcome. Smile
Sharon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: Practice Session Reply with quote

Thanks to Kimberly for doing such a great job with the practice session and to Rob for giving the guys some great tips about leading and musicality!

Ladies especially, we really encourage you to come to a stress-free, fun environment where you can learn without feeling uncomfortable!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we bring friends who are not students?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Salsaddict,
As it stands, the practice session is for TDS students only. I think this is a question for Sharon. Can we open this up as a 'drop in' practice for non-TDS students?
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Great turnout yesterday Reply with quote

We held our SECOND practice session of the semester and WOW...what a turnout!
I'm really impressed with our students' enthusiasm to practice and improve their salsa steps.
A great response from the ladies this time....let's keep it up!
There were also hardly any people standing around, which meant that everyone was getting some exercise.

I also saw helpers consulting students...providing feedback and giving advice. Is there anything else students want to see at the practice sessions?

Keep up the suggestions...they'll help you get the most out of your classes!
blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:49 pm    Post subject: A call for the ladies Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? The practice sessions have been awesome to say the least but I'm putting out a call for the ladies. Ladies, where ya at? The practice seesions are a great way to fine tune your skills on the dance floor. There will be instructors and helpers(including myself) who will be more than happy to help you out if you need it and we will not turn you down if you just want to dance. If you're feeling what I''m saying, holla back at ya boy!

Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies! WE need you to add sparkle to the dance floor. You will have your pick of partners to choose from!

For those who haven't been yet...come out come out come out!

Rob even turns on the disco ball and dims the lights down low.. Wink
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Tuesday Practice Reply with quote

Hey Kim, I think we should create an event for this Practice on the Facebook and invite all students who registered with our TDS group there as well - more then 200 people there.

Cheers.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great idea, Alex!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: