Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

For Ballet Lovers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
analytix

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: For Ballet Lovers Reply with quote

Are you 16 to 29 and love Ballet? You can join National Ballet of Canada's Dance Break Membership Program and buy Ballet tickets for only $20. There are no service charges added to the ticket price – it’s really just $20. The regular price is $45 to $200 before service charge. You will get the best seats available in the theatre! It's free and easy to join. Just visit http://www.dancebreak.ca/ and sign up for membership.

To know about National Ballet of Canada's 2007-2008 season visit www.national.ballet.ca

To know about National Ballet of Canada's Nutcracker show visit www.thenutcracker.ca

Meet National Ballet of Canada dancers at http://backstagepassblog.ca/

To know about National Ballet of Canada's education program visit www.youdancecanada.ca

To win a pair of VIP tickets to West Side Story Suite, it’s awesome, play west side story suite interactive contest at http://westsidestory.ca/

National Ballet of Canada performs at Four Season Centre for Performing Arts. Visit http://www.fourseasonscentre.ca for a virtual tour

National Ballet of Canada is an active partner of Luminato. To know about National Ballet's last year simulcast program at Luminato visit http://www.luminato.com/english/list.php?eid=20218

Enjoy!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome!! THanks so much for sharing.
analytix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: National Ballet of Canada is coming to movie theatre Reply with quote

You are welcome Kimberlita. Hope you had a chance to watch Fall Mixed Repertoires.

The good news is National Ballet is coming to movie theatre with one of their performances. The Nutcracker Matinee show on Dec 22 will be transmitted live from Toronto -- and in high definition -- to 69 Cineplex movie theatres across Canada. This live performance will be captured by seven HD cameras.

Debuted in 1995, the NBOC's acclaimed take on the classic tale by E.T.A. Hoffmann boasts breath-taking choreography by James Kudelka and sumptuous design by Santo Loquasto, in addition to the timeless music of Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky.

It is a good opportunity for those who have kids and live outside GTA to watch this awesome Christmas classic. Kids will love it. You can buy ticket from www.cineplex.com, or at the box offices of participating theatres nationwide.
analytix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: For Ballet Lovers Reply with quote

From March 8 to 16, the National Ballet is dancing Soldiers’ Mass & 24 Preludes by Chopin & Rooster, featuring music by The Rolling Stones.

Guess the titles of five songs by The Rolling Stones before “Rooster Man” crosses the stage and you could win a pair of VIP tickets!

Play now at: http://www.roosterballet.com/

It's fun. Try it out.
analytix

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Cinderella Contest Reply with quote

Explore the scenes from Cinderella and find three special 'props' for your chance to win VIP tickets to The National Ballet of Canada's Cinderella on June 5 and a Shiseido gift package!

Play now:
http://www.cinderellaballet.com/
SalsaTO

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Ballet & Salsa Reply with quote

Grab those tix PDQ!

Ballet is the root of a lot of dance. Its lines and styling influence almost all of the couple dances out there today.

Take in those performances, not only for the story line, but the lines of the dancers, styling - especially arms and hands, and how the partners work in pas de deux.
Salsasian

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Cinderella Reply with quote

Is anyone planning on attending Cinderella? Nina and I just received our tickets and can't wait to see the show. Not only does the dancing look great, the set design looks fantastic as well.

Dance like no one's watching.
jalebird

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am!! Cinderella is a fantastic production! Not only is James Kudelka's choreography intricate and challenging, but there is humour in it as well. The pas de deuxs between Cinderella and the Prince are especially touching. The set design is gorgeous, but so are the costumes...and the lighting and music really complete the whole thing. I do not think you will be disappointed! Very Happy
Salsasian

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jalebird,

Wow, with your blurb I'm even more excited than I was to begin with! I really can't wait!

nina bambina

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:36 pm    Post subject: Cinderella Reply with quote

Wow...I'm excited for Cinderella now Smile It's been a while since I saw my last ballet. Thanks for the raving reviews jailbird!
Salsasian

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We watched Cinderella on Saturday and it was excellent. It was our first time at the Four Season's Centre and the venue itself is impressive on it's own. I know there are a lot of differing opinions on the exterior of the building, but on the inside it's a beauty. I don't think there is a single bad seat in the house.

The choreography and dancing was spectacular. I found every moment of the show to be filled with energy and passion. There was plenty of wit and humour sprinkled throughout and the classic storyline was delivered in a way that even non-ballet enthusiasts would enjoy.

Toronto is lucky to have The National Ballet of Canada here to bring such entertaining ballet productions stage.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: