Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musicality Challenge!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:37 am    Post subject: Musicality Challenge! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

I am not sure if you have seen this blog post but I wanted to highlight it in the forum in case there is someone who is struggling with learning how to understand salsa music. Where is the one, what is a clave, etc.

http://www.torontodancesalsa.ca/blog/2007/11/musicality-an-insteresting-find.html

I found this blog about a person who loves salsa but could not understand the salsa beats. Doug has been struggling, as many others including new students, with finding the beat and being able to lead musically.

It turns out someone read his blog and has offered to convert Doug into a musical marvel - all over the medium of email/internet. Don learned to dance salsa at age 40 but has been a musician since childhood and teaches instructors about musicality. He took on the challenge of teaching Doug about salsa music.

I think this is wonderful. I am curious to see how Doug progresses in his learning. If any of the Toronto Dance Salsa students want to follow Don's exercises, it would be great - we can keep track on the forums and blog and follow your progression too !
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: