Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone tried Red Violin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Anyone tried Red Violin? Reply with quote

I work close to the Danforth in Toronto and I am always passing by Redi Violin which I hear has salsa on the weekend. Not sure which night? Has anyone tried it? Is it popular? Is there a band? Good dancers? Do they offer salsa lessons or club classes there?

Also across the street is a spanish place called Mambo something or other...can't remember the name but it looks like it might have salsa.

Toronto Dance Salsa classes are awesome. We are having so much fun!

Salsaddict
MissChievous

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to Red Violin--I had one of the best dining experiences there, they have an AWESOME food, excellent service and great entertainment (before the dancing part began, there was a Belly Dancer warming up the patrons... dont ask why!). The music was good, there was live band from Cuba when I was there. The dancers were not too good. I think I was the only one there who could dance Salsa, the rest of the crowd did just some sort of basic steps or so. Maybe it was just that one time when I was there, I don’t know. I went there again during the week but they don’t have dancing on weekdays, only the weekends. There is no lessons offered. The stuff was asking the guests to dance with them, but I think they dance Cuban style.

In my opinion Red Violin is more of a dining place rather than dancing. However, I will go there again and again, this place definitely worth to come back but would bring a person or two who can dance Salsa.

Red Violin is one of my favorite places for great food and entertainment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: