Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

dance practice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackout1999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: dance practice Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? Just want to say that the dance practice has been a huge success. It's great to see all the new people come out to practice their moves but having fun at the same time. If there's anyone in favour of making the practice an ongoing thing, holla back at ya boy! Smile
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We still have 3 more practice sessions left, so come out! Make sure to ask the helpers to dance so that you can ask for tips and advice on any dance steps you find challenging.
What have people thought of the practice sessions so far? Positive feedback might enable this to happen again!
Brettski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, for one, have really enjoyed the practice sessions. It is nice to get an opportunity to dance with the helpers and instructors. Also, I'm meeting plenty of folks from other classes. It's great! Let's keep it going!
Sara

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Practice sessions Reply with quote

Hello Kim, Tyrone and Brettski!
I too would like to add that I have attended 2 sessions in a row and will be attending the rest. It has been wonderful to see the students dance, and practice. I quite enjoyed dancing with everyone...so thank you to all who asked me to dance!
I even found time to practice my spins, shines and styling in front of the mirror by myself, which I usually never have the patience or time to do at home...
Good job to Emely, Kim and the rest of the tuesday practice helpers and thanks to Sharon for organizing it...
IT'S a HUGE success! Yee Ha!

Sara
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on Sara!
I encourage the helpers come out to practice too! For one, the students really appreciate dancing with experienced dancers and for another, women can practice leading, and men can practice following!
I've been practicing waiter turns and David is getting good a those hip pops!
haha!
Laughing
David

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha, I must admit, I enjoy following more than leading. Your mind is free when you follow, no stress
lindiloo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
haha, I must admit, I enjoy following more than leading. Your mind is free when you follow, no stress

oh i don't know about that! It can be quite stressful - we follows have to pay attention to every cue and be on alert, lest we get accused of backleading - hahaha!...that, and the stress of the multiple turns I know that all you guys like to throw at me! haha!

I want to see some of those hip pops! shake it!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

True.. there are challenges when both leading and following! Neither are easy.
I give a lot of credit to the guys out there who have to be on their toes to dream up new and interesting combinations! It's not easy.
Who wants to teach me how to do a coca cola tonight? Wink

I'll trade you for a woman's in-and-out!
David

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh geez, I rarely do coca-cola's... I've followed them more than actually leading them lol
MissChievous

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:

No stress?!!! C'mon, the following could be just as difficult as leading. The followers have to be alert all the time and be able to understand the signals of sometimes very diffrenet leading styles as well as think of styling and actually do it. Its true, the followers dont have to think about the patterns but oh, boy, its not walk in a park to do the multiple spins Smile Following is not that easy!
David

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissChievous wrote:
David wrote:

No stress?!!! C'mon, the following could be just as difficult as leading. The followers have to be alert all the time and be able to understand the signals of sometimes very diffrenet leading styles as well as think of styling and actually do it. Its true, the followers dont have to think about the patterns but oh, boy, its not walk in a park to do the multiple spins Smile Following is not that easy!

personally I find it easier... and yes I can follow
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
oh geez, I rarely do coca-cola's... I've followed them more than actually leading them lol

David wrote:
haha, I must admit, I enjoy following more than leading.

HAHAH.. David. We love to quote you.

Oh yeah! It's role reversal time! I also admit that I like to lead these days. I guess this is what happens when you've been salsa dancing a long time...we're so eager to learn different aspects of the dance that I'm willing to put on the pants... or in David's case, the dress....totally kidding.

kind of. Wink
blackout1999

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: It ain't easy Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? From a leader's point of view, leading ain't easy and is very challenging. I'm still trying to come up with new ways to pull off moves. I have been learning to follow a little bit here and there(just don't ask me to do a double turn). Either way, it's a challenge so you either step up or you don't.
If anyone is in favour of making the practice sessions an ongoing thing, let your voice be heard. I've managed to learn and re-learn a few moves myself. It's great to see all the new people come out and try out what they've learned. By the way, where's all the other salsa people? Just in case you need an incentive to come out to the practice, you can go to Babaluu's afterwards. Holla back at ya boy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: