Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Embarassing Salsa Moments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Most Embarassing Salsa Moments Reply with quote

After a hilarious conversation with Emely, Farnoosh, Tyrone and Sarah last night, we started to share our most embarassing moments on the dancefloor (many occuring at Babaluu's for some odd reason!).
We had everything from wardrobe malfunctions, broken glasses, falling, tripping and strange injuries, I thought it'd be only fair that we all share our salsa mishaps!

What was your most embarassing moment while salsa dancing??
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 am    Post subject: Most embarassing salsa moment Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? Yeah, it was a very interesting conversation about some of the most embarrasing moments. For me, it seems my nose continues to be a target for elbows. A more painful moment occured in Ottawa when a girl ended up bruising my right shin with her heel. However, my most embarrasing moment happened once again in Ottawa when I went to do a cuban turn pattern and my partner kneed me in the groin. I was a trooper and danced until the song was over but I immediately went to the washroom to recover from the blow(I was in ther for 20 minutes). It still hurts thinking about it. Ouch! Holla back at ya boy!
Carina

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Most embarassing salsa moment Reply with quote

blackout1999 wrote:
For me, it seems my nose continues to be a target for elbows.

*hides*
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH man... I appologize again to that poor guy who never returned to class again after I elbowed him in the lip. :S
Sharon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Flying shirt Reply with quote

Wardrobe malufunction is the area of shame for my most embarrasing moment and, yes, it was at Babaluus (oh well at least everyone has equal embarassment at Babs so we can continue to show our faces there Smile )

I was dancing with a gentleman when I first started dancing, wearing a buttoned up shirt (flimsy mind you) and after executing a turn I face my partner with my shirt wide open - completely unbuttoned! It was definitely a wake up call nd after that I developed the pre-club dance test where I ensure everything I wear is sturdy enough to manage for the evening Smile
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. i've definitely had a wardrobe malfunction while dancing. Let's just say, tube tops are not practical salsa tops.
Sara

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Sara's wardrobe malfunction Reply with quote

Speaking of tube tops...yes! they are dangerous...I think i will share my tube top story with the rest of the TDS gang Kim!

It was a wednesday at Babalus...the regular night where every salsa dancer went out to practice...
Kerem (yes the same Kerem from TDS) asked me to dance...I was quite enjoying my spins! It was a smooth slide accross the dancefloor. All of a sudden, a waist turn comes around....I ofcourse (dying to practice the styling that I had just learned) put my hands up nice and proud!...As I spun through my cross body with a turn my tube top slided down completely...and there I was spinning with my hands up in the air exposing my entire upper body with nothing on, but a black bra! I still did not notice! I just felt slightly more airy...more "free"! Literally!
I noticed Kerem was coughing and looking the other way...Poor guy! I looked down and there was my tube top around my waist and there i was dancing at Babalus with my bra!

Sorry Kerem!!!!

What a wardrope malfunction and what an embarressing moment...probably the most embarressing moment of my life! Since that day, tube tops are strictly prohibited in Sara's Salsa Style!

Happy dancing!

Sara
KT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wardrobe malfunction and salsa kinda goes hand in hand... Here's my embarassing moment...

In my early days of salsa, dressing up for clubs was more for beauty than for practicality. So needless to say, I sorta pulled a Janet Jackson moment, when one of the skinny straps from a skimpy top snapped off after a night of hardcore salsa dancing. My partner was nice enough not to make a big scene about it and tried to send me small hand signals so I'd look down at my half exposed top. Absolutely clueless, I thought he was just doing some funky shines with his arms. So, I started doing shines too, which made the top slip off even more. He finally stopped me and told me my strap came off.

Is there a proper way of breaking the news to someone half exposed? I don't know Smile

One advice lady... if a guy starts doing funky hand gestures... it just may or may not be a salsa move!

Happy Dancing Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAH!! THe best part of all the stories is that you all kept on dancing like nothing was wrong. That's exactly what happened during my tube-top incident.
See how salsa just transports you into another worlds?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: