Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Babaluu on Saturday Night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mgb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 am    Post subject: Babaluu on Saturday Night Reply with quote

Hi Everyone!

I'm new to Toronto Dance Salsa. I don't start my beginner classes until October but that's not stopping me!!! I went to the recent event at Montana's and had a great time. Kimberly is an excellent instructor!!

Just wanted to know if anyone was heading out to Babaluu's or any other salsa club on Saturday night??? None of my friends salas dance or are busy with thier other half so just looking for some people to go dancing.

Cheers,

Mary
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Mary! I'm glad you had a good time at Montana's and decided to join!

You know what....a lot of us didn't have friends were into salsa, which is why we all befriended eachother!

I dont' know if I'd do Babaluu's on a Saturday, becuase it would be extremely packed there. Try Lula Lounge. There's a live band and there are some good dancers.
Or....if you want to dance during the day, there is the Toronto Salsa Practice (at Trinity Church - Spadina and Bloor) There are practices from 3:30-5:30, 5:30-7:30 and 7:30 to 9:30. This place is awesome! There are a lot of good dancers who come regularly and it's a non-intimidating environment where you could even go alone and meet people there to dance with.

Also, stay tuned to hear where Toronto Dance Salsa will be hosting their outtings...it's a great way to start seeing familiar faces.

Welcome to the world of salsa!
mgb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying Kimberly!!!

I have been to the Toronto Practice Salsa at Trinity church and it is true what you said - great dancers, very patient with beginners and very easy to go there alone - which is what I did!! Infact, the same weekend as the Montana's event!!

I have also been to Babaluu's on a Sat night and do find it is busy but still fun as a night out.

Will keep an eye on the TDS site to see when the next event is and I will be there!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!
HAH! you went to the practice after your first outting at Montana's?

I see a salsa addict in the making!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Get-Togethers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: