Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Class Suggestions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Leading/Following Reply with quote

We did have these classes at one point but it is difficult to have a 9 week class on this especially when the students all come from very different levels and backgrounds. Also the class was quite unpopular in comparison to other classes. If others would like this class let me know and I will look into it!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Downtown Performance Class Reply with quote

Downtown Performance Class?? YES YES YES, please.

I'd also be interested in shorter workshops for advanced dancers. Maybe a set of four, two hour sessions, or even just two. Topics good for these workshops: styling, musicality, afro-cuban, cuban, perfecting multiple-spins, advanced bachata, fancy footwork, adding tango or hiphop into one's salsa, etc.

So many areas that could possible attempt to satisfy our cravings to improve ourselves...

Alfred
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second the motion for shorter more intense workshops for Advanced Dancers, Alfred!
blackout1999

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:36 pm    Post subject: Third Reply with quote

What's really good, salsa people? I third the motion. Holla back!
MissChievous

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fourth the motion. I specially would love to see some spinning technique workshops or classes. And I guess the downtown location is unavoidable, at least make it late please, so people from far-far could make it there without struggling with the traffic. Smile
KT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's unfortunate to see people sit out during bachata and merengue songs, as they only know a few patterns and don't want to be boring or repeative. I think many students (especially beginners) would love to learn more bachata and merengue moves, as we only get a small taste of it in L1 and L2
kim82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KT wrote:
It's unfortunate to see people sit out during bachata and merengue songs, as they only know a few patterns and don't want to be boring or repeative. I think many students (especially beginners) would love to learn more bachata and merengue moves, as we only get a small taste of it in L1 and L2

I like that idea and I think a cha cha workshop could be fun, too. There isn't as much cha cha played at the salsa clubs I have been to but whenever it comes on I have no clue what to do so I have to sit out. Is cha cha included in any of the higher levels?
Valentin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KT wrote:

That would be great! Count me in for a bachata workshop and for a merengue workshop as well!
How about a mini-class bachata-merengue?
KT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cha Cha Cha is so much fun to dance to. It has such a good rhythm and really makes you want to groove. You can also find the Cha Cha Cha beat in alot of Top 40 songs. I remember we Cha-Cha-Cha-ed to "Pretty Women" at the Horseshoe Resort, during our helpers appreciation outing. We do a bit of Cha Cha Cha in L5 and L6, but I'd definately like to do more!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: