Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favourite Salsa Instrument?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miguel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:51 pm    Post subject: Favourite Salsa Instrument? Reply with quote

Woo… First post.

So the result of me highly unmotivated and trying to close out a slow hump day at work is discovering the TDS forums… Score! Another form of distraction, just what I need.

But I digress…

So what would you say is your favourite salsa instrument? Now I know there’s no official set of salsa instruments, but there are the usual suspects, you know, the trumpet, the piano, the bass, the good old cowbell, bongos, and the rest of the percussion gang et. al.

So which sound gets you going? Now you can’t cop-out and say something like: “I love all the instruments and the combination of them altogether is what does it for me” etc. And by all means reference your favourite instrument’s best performance in a particular song if possible.

For me, I’d pick the piano, with the trumpet a very close second. I love a good piano riff, and the sharp notes of a trumpet line. The piano in La Salsa Vive and the trumpets in La Vida Es Un Carnaval… Hot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Music and Shoes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: