Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remy's

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Remy's Reply with quote

So Remy's has a new salsa dancing Thursday evening in place now. Not sure if anyone has attended? It is across from Babaluus on Yorkville Ave (115 Yorkville Ave)...if anyone does check it out let us know what you think!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
Salsaddict

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Remy's Reply with quote

I am curoius about this place too. Who teaches there and what is it like? Anyone go?
Toby

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really curious too. It makes no sense to me that something so close to Babaluues has opened up on Thursdays. Although I don't really go on Thursdays to Babaluues if I was to go out it would be the natural choice so I am curious if it is doing well and how the space/atmosphere is.
Vincenzo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Remy's. Music (mainly Mambo) is good, although most dancers dance On2, and are mostly intermediate to advance dancers. The dance floor is very small, but the vibe is good. 95% of the songs are salsa, while Thursday Babs plays a mix of salsa, merengue and reggaeton. $10 cover.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know! i want to check it out soon... do you see any familiar faces there?
Vincenzo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are mostly Mambo Mosaic, iFreeStyle and Mambo Tribe dancers (or the old Acrobat crowd). They used to go to Myth on Thursdays and now Remy's.
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Thursday July 12 @ Remy's anyone? Reply with quote

Anyone up for checking it out this Thursday (July 12)? It's just down the block from us and we're thinking of posting a review on them. Our weekends have been packed and haven't had much time to head out for salsa. Nina's going to be on my case if I don't take her out dancing soon.

Alfred
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After reading and agreeing to Sharon's blog on Salsa being an affordable hobby, i'm disappointed that Remy's is charging $10 cover on a THURSDAY. boooo....

At least there's a coupon. I guess.
It'd better be good!
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remy's was really fun last night. We've written a review in the Salsa-in-review blog. Check it out!

Alfred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: