Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New pratice session!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: New pratice session!! Reply with quote

Great news everyone!

We had added a new Toronto Dance Salsa Tuesday Practice Session at the Adelaide Club from 9-10pm. This is a great opportunity for students to drop in for an hour and practice their new moves with a partner or with one of the helpers that will be available. Emely and Kimberly will also be on hand to answer questions about dance moves. Here are the details:

What: Toronto Dance Salsa Tuesday Evening Practice
Where: Adelaide Club (Concourse level of the First Canadian Place at Bay & Adelaide)
When: 9-10pm every Tuesday from July 17 - Aug 28
Cost: $4 per session or $20 for all 7 session
Who: Any current TDS student

Let us know what you think of this idea!
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
David

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea, but seems odd that it would compete on a night with babaluu's available
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Great idea Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? Yeah, a practice session is definitely on the hype tip(it means it's a great idea for those who don't know ebonics). I'm definitely in like quinn. Who else is up for it? Holla back at ya boy!
Rae7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Practice Reply with quote

Thank you, Sharon ! its great news especially for me,hard to remember so many new moves added every class, its only thru practice that I feel, at least some of the moves(not all) wiil come naturally, together with the timing, very important, as practice, practice makes perfect. Especilly for a person like me with no partner to practice as much I could wish for...........if only I could

When and where do I sign in and register for the Practice sessions?
David Charing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great idea! Count me in. See you all there. Cheers, Dave C.
Salsa Newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is awesome! Exactly what I have been looking for. The church practice is good but to have helpers around to dance with and ask questions and to keep it Toronto Dance Salsa students only is better for me.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more of a pre-curser to Babaluu's rather than a competition.
Sometimes beginner dancers can feel too intimidated to go to a club to practice....so hopefully with the practice sessions, people can gain confidence, ask questions and then form groups to go out to Babs afterward!

Can't wait to see how it will turn out! Smile

Who's in??
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wish it was a little earlier (10 PM cuts into sleepy time Razz ) ...but having said that after a recent review of previous classes' notes and drawing a blank I think these sessions will do wonders to jog the memory banks...
blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: practice session Reply with quote

What's really good, salsa people? I can see that a lot of people are feeling the practice sessions including myself. Yes I will be at the sessions some come and say hi. I am looking forward to see a lot of the new people. By the way, I will be putting up a picture soon so that anyone who doesn't know what I look like will know soon enough. Holla back at ya boy! Very Happy
kim82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Tuesday practice Reply with quote

I think a weeknight practice is a great idea and I have actually missed the Adelaide Club since I finished Level 1 in March. The Saturday practices are good, but I am usually too busy with other things and can't go. I also like the fact that it is TDS students only. I know that I could use the extra practice since I am taking the summer off before starting Level 3. I need to be ready for those double spins.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be a good place for even advanced dancers to practice complicated moves wtihout worrying about bumping into others.
Come one, come all!!

I think this practice session is a wonderful idea, and if it is popular, maybe we can make it a regular thing!
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Tuesday TDS practice Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea, especially for us beginners. I support. See you all there.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what did everyone think of our first practice session? Aside from a slight imbalance of the women:men ratio (we will have more women next week!), we'd appreciate some feedback.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: I'm feeling it Reply with quote

What's really good? I'm still feeling the practice sessions even though there was a lack of women. It was really good to see everyone from the Tuesday, Friday and Saturday classes. For all the level ones and twos, keep on steppin'. Holla back at ya boy!
kim82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised there was more men than women, too. Nice to see a lot of level one students there. Hopefully they will feel more encouraged to come to the outings if they aren't already.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: