Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Salsa clubs in Montreal??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sabir

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: Salsa clubs in Montreal?? Reply with quote

Hi All Salsa Lovers,
I am visiting Montreal on this long weekend, wondering if someone knows any good salsa clubs in there?
Thanx in advance.
Sabir
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sharon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Salsatech Reply with quote

Hmm Salsatech is the main one there. I have been there a few times.

Anyone else know of any????
Toronto Salsa Lessons / Toronto Salsa Classes
David

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of fun at Club Cubanos, but I believe its closed now Sad its final hurrah was during the montreal salsa convention this year .. I think
Sabir

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Thanx Reply with quote

Thanx Sharon and David for your reply.

Hope I will find someone who understand english there for directions ... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MissChievous

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montreal is great for Salsa! You will find so many places to go dancing there.
Everybody in Montreal speaks English, especially the East part or “English” part of Montreal. When I first time came to Montreal, I was shocked because I could hear about 85-90% of English speech.

Check out the Salsateque but later at night when non-salsa clubbers start coming in.
Definitely try 6/49 - this is very friendly place, plays all kind of music but on Sundays Salsa only.
Cactus - I haven’t been there yet, but heard from the trusted sources that it is a great place.
Also try Triplex or Old Port, on Sundays they have dancing outside, in a fresh air--its great! Triplex is one of the most popular places to dance so I heard from the trusted sources.

I would not go to Copacabana as this place has little to do with Salsa. We did not get a good vibe from that place at all.

There is a link: http://www.salsapower.com/cities/canada/montreal.htm

Enjoy your voyage!
Alex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MissChievous wrote:

There is a link: http://www.salsapower.com/cities/canada/montreal.htm

Tnx for the great site link.
A.
Sabir

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Thanx for replying Reply with quote

Thanx MissChievous for replying and introducing to something new (http://www.salsapower.com), its really great information about salsa in montreal. Will keep this link handy for my next trip.
We checked the Club 6/49 on saturday night, though music was really good but there was not enough people as jazz festival was going on till mid night very near by.
Salsa-in-review

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Montreal next week Reply with quote

Nina and I will be in Montreal next week. We have a packed schedule, but may go out dancing Wed, Thurs, or Sunday night. If anyone from TDS is in Montreal, let us know and maybe we can go check out the same club together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Salsa Dancing Venues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: