Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Amateur Dance Competition
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lov2dance

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Competitors were amazing and looked so relaxed and truly enjoying themselves...it's not easy performing in front of more than 300 people and I know the pressure (just trying to pronounce names Shocked ...LOL)!

The KT team did a terrific job getting this off the ground and working together to ensure all the competitors knew placement, timing of the nights events etc.

It was a pleasure to speak with all the judges before hand as I have never met Ana, Oscar or Vanessa. Are any doing a performance for the finals?

There were a number of people that assisted me as well in making the night run a bit smoother, and Miss Chevious was one that helped with some of those...special thanks Smile

Some suggestions possibly for next year? A one night session for competitors (one/two hours) on things that would help them getting better scores...styling, facing the crowd on certain moves, playing up the audience. Maybe asking the competitors after the finals, what would have helped you to enhance your skill sets and prep for the competition. Such as Mark's Gold belt matching Kimberlita's shoes Razz Thoughts/comments?

I'm positive that the finals will be even better...can't wait!!

Georgeous
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL... George, I'm glad you noticed Mark's belt matched my shoes! Hehehe.. Great attention to details.

Well I think that it would be a great use of the forum if competitors could post feedback about what they nailed or missed during the competition as well as feedback from the judges/Sharon about how a performance can be enhanced and what will be looked at!
MissChievous

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great ideas, Kimberlita and Georgeous, some feedback and suggestions on improvments for the competitors will be a great help. Everybody would like to know what areas they could make even better, maybe even for the next round too, not only after the final. What do you think?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> Website / Classes Suggestions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: