Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

salsa habits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:07 am    Post subject: salsa habits Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? I just read 101ways to know if you're addicted to salsa. Number 5,6,7,19,21,23,54,55,and 56 apply to me(there may be more than that). I would like to add one more to the list. Number 102 should be you think of ways to incorporate hip hop and /or breakdance moves to your salsa moves and combos(this is for all the hip hop heads out there, including me). If anyone else has another habit they would like share, holla back!
lindiloo

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should look at some of the stuff that Al "liquid silver" Espinoza does (he's from L.A.) His background is pop locking, hip hop and breakdancing and he incorporates a lot of that into his salsa - really cool stuff. He has instructional videos of how to incorporate that style into salsa too.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to incorporate all forms of dance in my salsa. THe opening shine that I did during my competition was a move I "appropriated" from John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever! LOL.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

What's the deal, salsa people? I can see there are some people that have the same habit I do. Very Happy Anyone else has a habit not on the list? Holla back!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: