Toronto Dance Salsa Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DANCE PARTNER FORUM!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackout1999

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: Mad props Reply with quote

Whoever sent me the mas props, much love. I've been a shy guy for a while(especially since the last outing) so can a brother get some help getting a dance partner? Peace!
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackout1999, why don't you try asking one of the women you enjoy dancing with from class? I know there are some good women in that level 5 class!
Rae7

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: partners Reply with quote

It is good to have someone to practice dancing with, but it is hard finding a partner, fear of being turned down, especially a beginner. I went for my first outing to Plaza flamingo but did not dance, due to fear. Need to find a partner, to practice and gain confidence, message me if willing.
blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: There is someone Reply with quote

There is someone I would like to ask but I've had bad luck when it comes to asking someone. She's one of the helpers but eventually I will end up asking her but I'm still wondering if anyone can help a brother out. What about it Rae7? how about you, Kimberlita. Holla back!
blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: I forgot to mention Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that I'm 5'10'. I would like to get someone to hook up with at the next outing. Holla at a playa(actually brother) if willing. Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure! i can try my best to help you find someone, but it's really going to be up to you and the other person.

GUYS, do not be intimidated to ask girls to dance at clubs! Everyone is learning, and it is not proper dance etiquette to decline a dance unless a girl's feet are killing or unless she needs a bit of a rest. Most girls will say yes! So just give it a try and you'll be glad you built up the courage. If not, you can come find me at the outtings. I am at most of them. Shame that you felt like you had to sit out, Rae7. Sad
Sonnislav

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
GUYS, do not be intimidated to ask girls to dance at clubs!

so says the side that doesn't need to go out and ask!

anyways I don't know if anyone here has tried out the practice session on Saturdays (there's a link on the links page of TDS) ... with more people who are all interested in practicing salsa the odds are someone will be willing to be a practice partner...

naturally it is easier to find your practice patner in class since by the third week you start to get familiar with the faces... just remember to present yourself nicely at all times and smile a lot!... a friendly smile will open lots of doors and then just start asking...

"Will you marry me?" Opps! Wrong line... Laughing

"Hey I heard there's a salsa practice session at a church on Saturdays. Supposedly it's really friendly and a great place to practice. Interested in coming?"

whatever you do, don't forget if she/he says yes... yup I did but that's another story!
Rae7

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: partner Reply with quote

well kimberlita, I was looking out for you but I could not see you, I am sure you would have made me dance, you seem to be full of energy and a lot of fun. see you on the dance floor anytime you want to dance with me. message me, I would love to have you as my partner and practice as in "Dancing with the stars"
blackout1999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: thinking about it Reply with quote

What's really good, playa? I've been thinking about entering this friendly competition that TDS is having. From what Sharon is saying, more people are entering every week. If any of the fine ladies are interested in entering, holla back at the playa from the hymalaya(well, from Montreal actually).
I do have one question for Kimberlita. There is a helper in the level 5 class and forgot her name. She's about 5"1", long brown hair, and she usually wears jeans, and she's really nice. I had a lot of fun dancing with her yesterday especially when trying to do the reverse coca-cola during a fast song. Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to her and to you as well. keep popping them collas. Very Happy
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol.. you guys crack me up.

Yah, i know i can't say that it's easy to go out and ask people to dance, but i'm just saying that at TDS, we try to foster an environment where people feel comfortable learning and dancing with new people!

I think the helper you might be referring to is Carma. She is really nice. Blackout1999 and RAE7 who are you? I don't know your real names so i though you might introduce yourself to me last night. I'm the helper that sharon dances with at the front and the one who walks around spying on your dance steps!
blackout1999

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: That's easy Reply with quote

That's easy as molasses. I'm the dude who was wearing a long maroon shirt, green pants, extremely short hair, and don't forget the permanent tan. Some people have also told I look hispanic but my background isn't. Anyway, I know what you look like Kimberlita and I must say I am impressed.
Once again, if there's any fine ladies looking to get into the competition, the original playa from the hymalaya(Montreal) is available. Holla back and keep poppin them collas.
Rae7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: partner intro Reply with quote

Kimberlita, Please excuse me for not introducing myself. I am Rae, I attend the Level 1 class at Northridge on Wednesdays at 8:45 pm. we have not met each other. Would love to meet and dance with you. Really hard to find a partner. I much appreciate and Thank you. See you on the dance floor
blackout1999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: I forgot my manners Reply with quote

Excuse my manners, Kmberlita. The name's Tyrone just in case you were wondering. Holla back.
Kimberlita

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet all of you! I love how the forum really opens up everyone up. It's hard to chat with everyone during classes when we're all concentrating. Hopefully discussion on here will transcend to the dancefloor. Has anyone found luck finding a dance partner on here yet?
blackout1999

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: Not yet Reply with quote

No luck as of yet. As I said before, there is someone I would like to hook up with as a dance partner but as you stated, I don't have time during class since I'm concentrating on learning the moves. I do have another question. I would like to become a helper during the next semester. How do I go about doing this? Holla back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Toronto Dance Salsa Forums Forum Index -> General Salsa Dance Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: